Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-09-25, 17:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Hm.. not exactly sure if a reverb and simply moving a threshold can be compared

I made a Reason setup simulating a sidechain for the saturation knob, you can download it here. Basically they would have to lower the threshold (which isn't exactly what this was built for, you just increase the input gain and distortion).
I'm not comparing here, you just didn't got my pun mate!

You said:

Quote:
You could create this effect already by using a compressor CV output to simultaneously up the input and down the output of the saturation knob..
So I just made a jokey example that you can achieve pretty cool sound with Reason Reverb & don't buy another reverbs as well as you don't even need Saturation Knob at all coz you already has the Scream in Reason!

I'll check your example right away!
Old 2012-09-25, 17:14
Banned

So yes, that's pretty it in your example, but why bothering with devices if it could be just sidechain update, release knob & maybe adding some compression type knob, you know, to expand that Saturation Knob for good!
Old 2012-09-25, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
So yes, that's pretty it in your example, but why bothering with devices if it could be just sidechain update, release knob & maybe adding some compression type knob, you know, to expand that Saturation Knob for good!
Ya sure, I just meant its something that you can really emulate almost 100% in Reason already, as opposed to the TSAR reverbs algo for example
Old 2012-09-25, 17:17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Ya sure, I just meant its something that you can really emulate almost 100% in Reason already, as opposed to the TSAR reverbs algo for example
Yes it's true about TSAR, you can't emulate them with the RV7000, but I think we understand each other!
Old 2012-09-25, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Yes it's true about TSAR, you can't emulate them with the RV7000, but I think we understand each other!
Aye ^^
Old 2012-09-25, 18:43

While I don't think a side chain input for the Saturation Knob would be all that useful, a DRY/WET control would be da BOMB IMO - mainly because you can't build one in a Combi because of the latency on the device (latency for a saturation effect?!?… not sure why they added that). :-(
USA