Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-09-26, 06:45

Unhappy Ignition Key for Record 1.5.1 on Mountain Lion

I just updated to mountain lion on my laptop and now when i plug in my ignition key for record 1.5.1, it doesn't recognize it and sees it just as another jump drive called "CODEMETER"
Can someone help me out please??!
Old 2012-09-26, 12:47

Did you update the licenses?
Old 2012-09-26, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyelias View Post
I just updated to mountain lion on my laptop and now when i plug in my ignition key for record 1.5.1, it doesn't recognize it and sees it just as another jump drive called "CODEMETER"
Have you tried this from the FAQ:

Quote:
Reason doesn't see my Ignition Key!

If your Ignition Key can't be detected by Reason or in your user account, it can be that you are running the wrong CodeMeter kernel extension. If your Ignition Key shows as a volume on your desktop, this is the case. Here's how to remove the old kernel extension (KEXT) and install the correct version:

Go to your Reason application folder.
Right-click the Reason application and select "Show Package Contents"
Locate "CmUninstall.app" in the /Contents/Resources/ folder in the Reason package.
Double-click "CmUninstall.app" to run the app. (You might be prompted for your Admin Password)
Click "Remove" to remove all CodeMeter files installed by the original installer.
When you're told that the CodeMeter Removal is successful, click "Quit" to exit.
Launch Reason and the correct CodeMeter kernel extension will be installed.
As this installation requires you to restart your computer for any changes to take place, you will be prompted to click "Install and Restart".
Old 2012-10-22, 08:27

I tried this, and now I can no longer use Record because "there is a problem with your ignition key installation," and it can't fix it.

customer service hasn't gotten back to me on this yet, and I could use some quick help since I have clients waiting for music.
Old 2013-07-09, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyelias View Post
Im having the same problem please let me know if you find a sollution?
Old 2013-07-09, 11:34

Tella, did you check the FAQ?
Old 2013-07-12, 00:04

yes I did and it seams that CM update is not working even though I did a clean install after it failed multiple days

furthermore I have been trying to reach out to propellor head and they havent given me any real confirmation on the support form I filled out. I work with record everyday of my life except these past 4 days.
Old 2013-07-12, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellaVizion View Post
yes I did and it seams that CM update is not working even though I did a clean install after it failed multiple days

furthermore I have been trying to reach out to propellor head and they havent given me any real confirmation on the support form I filled out. I work with record everyday of my life except these past 4 days.
is there anyone who is has figured this out? mountain lion is a little smoother as far as organization once you work it correctly.
Old 2013-07-12, 00:52

Maybe a post in the User Forum will yield you more assistance than a plea for help in the Feature Suggestion forum. More people seem to read the former.
Old 2013-07-12, 00:58

are you getting any other symptoms?

I was getting something about my drivers needing to be reinstalled. I know the fix for that, but I don't recall having other problems after I updated the codemeter. I did have to update the activator separately, I think...