Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-26, 10:06

I am a young disabled musician

have a passion for music I love the Beatles/Paul McCartney, I've recorded some music o of my own with my dad available at USENET iTunes and of course it is free everywhere except for iTunes due to the fact that you cannot give away music on iTunes. I also have a passion for writing children's books as well. A strong belief in early childhood development my career goal is computer security and general IT , but mostly I would like to focus on computer security. I am 20 and if any of of you are interested I recorded the following staff when I was 10. My dad and I wrote this songs if you would Any more information please let me know

http://soundcloud.com/paul-mangan/

Sadly this is my second attempt due to my speech recognition software, screwing up and causing me to start again but essentially my form of cerebral palsy affects all parts of my body except my speech. My legs. My arms and my fine motor skills, but thankfully my intelligence is somewhat intact. I was born prematurely
cerebral palsy is essentially likeable oxygen to the brain at birth
so I am being a bit vague. It is hard to get my speech recognition software to write technical terms
I am confined to a wheelchair and do not have a great deal use of my hands, but I am still able to use the computer normally I am interested in computer security and when I am not researching about that. I am writing books or music. I am particularly interested in writing children's books
I recently had to purchase the new version of Dragon professional, which is a huge improvement over the previous versions, but it does cost a lot, but it is worth it for my independence and for the ability to be able to write again please forgive me for being extremely vague as I stated above, this is my second attempt at writing this the first post was a lot more detailed as I am somewhat agitated over the fact that it did not work. I cannot really remember all the intricate but I wrote at this point so this is a very brief post so once again I apologise and thank you for your interest. It really does mean a lot to me, but essentially I can do anything on a computer, it just takes me 30% longer than anybody Anybody else
Old 2012-09-26, 10:26

Hey, its so cool to see how much you can do despite your disability. I like the music too, its very positive and friendly-sounding. Keep it up, you will inspire a lot of people

All the best!
Normen
Old 2012-09-26, 10:39

I know a gentleman in a nursing home in Oklahoma. I'm not sure how old he is, but he is mute and only has the use of his right hand. With only a mouse he uses two programs called Band-in-a-Box and Real Band to create some pretty impressive music. He also has a great sense of humor. He has an impressive speech synthesis system that he is trying to teach to sing(!).

The point is, you are at the beginning of your journey. It is obvious that you have decided not to be defined by limitations, which is more than many of us can say. I wish you all the best. And welcome to the Reason community!

Richard
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
Old 2012-09-26, 11:15

Thank you all for the kind words
Old 2012-09-26, 14:43
denisB

sounds great champ. keep it up! look forward to hearing more of your music Ed drugs online

Last edited by denisB; 2012-10-12 at 22:43.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:31

"Don't let it run you around". I like that line. Thank you for the music.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Hey, its so cool to see how much you can do despite your disability. I like the music too, its very positive and friendly-sounding. Keep it up, you will inspire a lot of people

All the best!
Normen
I totaly agree, keep it up!
Old 2012-09-26, 15:44

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

nhansen is correct - inspiring indeed!
Old 2012-09-26, 16:05

Hey,

My nephew has cerebral palsy. Everything is affected except his arms. So, I know how difficult things are for you.

Great job on the songs. I like them a lot! Very happy and catchy stuff.

I have an idea for a future project. Maybe you should write a combo: a children's story along with accompanying songs.
Old 2012-09-26, 18:46

Regardless of your story this is excellent music. I have been trying to get the message across at work that a lot of people with disabilities would enjoy making music as much as you obviously do. Please keep us posted on your work. I'd love to hear more about what you use to interface with reason as I'm always looking for ways to improve opportunities for people.
I live in Lancashire, England.