Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-26, 16:01
TSCrew

Rewire, midi control and recording

Hi

I just have a couple of questions about rewiring as I have just really started using it (currently with ableton). I'm using reason 4 but am thinking of getting 6.5.

The main reason I am rewiring is so I can write/record with external synths (I really wish reason had MIDI out). When in rewire I can no longer select devices from within reason to control with my MIDI keyboard. I would have to recreate a MIDI track for each device in ableton to be able to control them. Is there a way to be able to do this? Does it work the same with all programs that you rewire to?

Also, I currently record the audio from my synths into ableton then save it and put it into a reason sampler. With reason 6.5 would I be able to record the audio straight into reason while rewiring?

Thanks