Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-26, 23:09

Oh, so would I connect the 14:2 mixer to Audio Track 1from the direct out of Audio Track 1 like I've been doing? Or do I need to connect the 14:2 mixer through the effects loop of Audio Track 1? Or a different way?
Old 2012-09-26, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljuliano View Post
Oh, so would I connect the 14:2 mixer to Audio Track 1from the direct out of Audio Track 1 like I've been doing? Or do I need to connect the 14:2 mixer through the effects loop of Audio Track 1? Or a different way?
Just create instruments like normal, each will have an SSL channel with an Aux1 and Aux2 send so you can then send it to the headphones. So yes, if your main track now comes through a 14:2 (say an old Reason file), then just connect that to one channel. If you wanna "upgrade" the project, replace the 14:2 with some SSL channels
Old 2012-09-26, 23:26

All right. Sorry. Just to get it straight. For my drummer's mix, I come out of audio track 1's direct out, into the spyder splitter, into the 14:2 mixer's 1st channel strip, then do the same for audio track 2 except route it into the 14:2's 2nd channel, then repeat for the other 2 channels. So there are 4 faders on the 14:2. Then come out of the 14:2 and into the direct out of channel 3 & 4 of the Audio I/O at the top in your pic, and make sure my pre fader buttons are on? And then do the same for the 2nd 14:2 mixer for my monitor mix, only plug it into channels 5 & 6 of the Audio I/O at the top?
Old 2012-09-26, 23:39

No 14:2's are added if not needed. Just connect the fx send to those outputs, each channel you create will automatically have an aux send you can then use to send that signal to the output.
Old 2012-09-26, 23:53

I'm sorry dude. I'm still not understanding it. I need to control the levels of each channel for two seperate mixes. Like he may need more click track than I do, and I may need more vocals than he does. So we need to be able to control the volume of each individual track on both of our mixers seperately, so we can hear different things. I guess what i'm trying to say is that my drummer and I don't want to have the same mix.
Old 2012-09-27, 00:52

Ok I got it!! It works! My only problem now is that it's in mono because I'm plugging into only one jack. Is there an adapter that I can purchase that plugs into both 1/4 inch jacks and then merges into one for my headphones to plug into?
Old 2012-09-27, 00:53

Quote:
Ok I got it!! It works! My only problem now is that it's in mono because I'm plugging into only one jack. Is there an adapter that I can purchase that plugs into both 1/4 inch jacks and then merges into one for my headphones to plug into?
I guess so.. Some interfaces also allow choosing which outputs go to the headphone connector.
Old 2012-09-27, 01:21

I'm referring to my interface
Old 2012-09-27, 01:29

Quote:
I'm referring to my interface
Yeah and you plug in the line output of one channel, its not exactly made for that (though it might work). To do it properly you should connect the outputs to a headphone amplifier. I don't know your interfaces software so I cannot say if routing some audio outputs to the headphone jack is possible.