Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-27, 17:12

PDT2 Probability Drum Trigger in the RE shop

Hey there.

I just launched a new rack extension in the RE shop. It's a probability drum step sequencer. It's like the step sequencer in Redrum, but instead of 16 buttons that are always on or always off, there are 16 dials where you can set the probabilities of drums being triggered.

The RE is here: http://shop.propellerheads.se/produc...-drum-trigger/

There are two videos to help explain what it is and how to use it. And it's 9 bucks.

Let me know if you have any questions, or thoughts on how to use it and improve on it.

Thanks!
Old 2012-09-27, 17:19

Hey we're in the user forum right now talking about it!

Thank you for this one, instant buy!
Old 2012-09-27, 19:04

I checked the walk-through video and noticed that there is no way to change the loop length (that would be useful to generate polyrhythms). Adding a way to change the loop length would make this an instant buy.
Old 2012-09-27, 19:11

I like the little device! Is velocity and the probabiltiy hardwired whit eachother? If so, it should be seperated because maybe I want a low probabilty with a higher velocity.

I dont understand the thing with the seed, maybe it is because of my bad English, but could you explain exactly what the seed knob does? Is it random furthermore, random in a "special way" or how?
Old 2012-09-27, 20:25

Thanks.

There's a big thread on the User forum going on. https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=168034

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkekeyser View Post
I checked the walk-through video and noticed that there is no way to change the loop length (that would be useful to generate polyrhythms). Adding a way to change the loop length would make this an instant buy.
I'm hearing this in the other thread as well. I'll have to think about how to implement this.

Here's a good explanation of the seed concept from the other thread: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...3&postcount=29
Old 2012-09-27, 21:03

I bough it, but still thinking it lack couple things:
1. Export notes from Re to lanes on main Reason sequencer.
2. This is some king of sequencer so it should have Pattern banks instead of save system.
3. Option to choose between fixed "level" to add random "level" with single button click. Now nobs only sending how much is "level" comes out. Instead of how much (1-127) is sent through CV, it can be sending random signal by amount of randomness by how much nob is turned on.
Sorry for my English :]
Old 2012-09-27, 23:47

bought it (2 units for 2 licenses)

Following modus will be nice:

a)
25%: each 4th bar the note will be played
50%: each 2th bar the note will be played

b)
modus: own tempo / not synced

c)
patterns are played half time (so that each step is not 16 but 8th)
patterns are played 4th time (so that each step is not 16 but 4th)

d)
like digthatbeat told - he´s right

e)
mode: play forward and backward / play backward

f)
link lines (so that there are 32 steps instead of 2* 16)

g)
gate in: each gatein signal, your unit goes one step forward (or backward if you implement new feature forward / backward)

or mode:
gate in: your unit starts from first step again

thanks
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by joseydeclaire; 2012-09-27 at 23:52.
Old 2012-09-27, 23:55

Great Product, Ochenk!

I was just thinking that - along with digthatbeat's suggestions (#1 is solid) -

- for the device to replaces the Step Sequencer controls, it may need to be able to change Tempo Resolution, as well as steps. And,
- the flam/double-triple hit isn't a bad idea to include to enhance the Ghost/Ambience hits. (like mutonic's (rolls etc)

It's pretty unbelievable how much potential this device has for development over time.

Congrats and Great Idea/WorK!

O1B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mutonic-fpp.jpg (23.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 2012-09-28, 06:50

Looks like a great utility and I'm testing it before I buy. I basically paste redrum patterns to the track and I can't quite figure out how to use PDT2 to do that. I looked at the videos and I don't think I missed the trick but it's late and I'm slow. Could you explain exactly how to paste a randomized segment to the track?
Old 2012-09-28, 16:35

Quote:
- for the device to replaces the Step Sequencer controls, it may need to be able to change Tempo Resolution, as well as steps.
Yes and yes. Control of number of steps is serious need. And tempo resolution too, of course.