Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-02, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditory View Post
Like If I want to reverse the whole drum loop [in OctoRex] I have to go slice by slice reversing each slice...
Quicker way: Click the Slice Edit Mode button, click the on-screen Rev, draw over the slices.
Old 2012-10-02, 03:11

It would be great to see the NN-XT and Dr Octo Rex married into one unit?

I too get frustrated when i use the NN-XT/Dr Octo Rex Player,

For example, ill open a Dr Rex file and get something good going, usually by changing the octave or rearrange the Rex file,

BUT because i feel that the Dr Octo Rex player is very limited compared to the NN-XT, i would then like to open the same Rex file in a NN-XT and match the settings of the previous Dr Octo Rex player,

BUT usually find it next to impossible to actually do this.

I would settle for that sexy sample tool on the NN-XT being a new addition to the Rex player.

Also i dont understand why theres still buttons on the NN-XT that u cant automate?

Does any one know anything about the forth coming Reason 7?

Regards
Old 2012-10-02, 03:19

As there's virtually an unlimited amount of zones you can have there's an equally unlimited amount of these controls possible. That's why they can't be automated.
Old 2012-10-02, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
As there's virtually an unlimited amount of zones you can have there's an equally unlimited amount of these controls possible. That's why they can't be automated.
You can map something like 93 samples across the keyboard in a NN-XT?

So i figure it should be no problem for a program as powerful as Reason to do this?

Plus on another note,

Rex files have midi information imbedded in them so there should be a function to take advantage of this for copying the original midi pattern to track?

Just saying
Old 2012-10-02, 09:59

Quote:
Perhaps they could put a cap on the number of zones that can be automated, like the first 10 for example. Even that would be better than nothing. As for combining devices, I would agree. If Rex slicing gets incorporated, that would make even more sense.
Old 2012-10-02, 12:21

Yeah and having 93 samples across the keyboard can be in just one zone. In theory you can have hundreds of zones. Resulting in thousands of controls. Midi is only able to adress 128 controls at a time. It has nothing to do with the power of Reason but with the limitations of the midi protocol.

I agree about the export to track. That could be added to the menu of a zone easily as the midi information can be extracted out of the rex file

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerfire View Post
You can map something like 93 samples across the keyboard in a NN-XT?

So i figure it should be no problem for a program as powerful as Reason to do this?

Plus on another note,

Rex files have midi information imbedded in them so there should be a function to take advantage of this for copying the original midi pattern to track?

Just saying
Old 2012-10-02, 12:23

That could indeed be a solution. Limiting the amount of zones to be automated. They could think of just making the obvious controls like filters, envelopes, lfo, etc and leave the more deeper controls uncontrollable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallob View Post
Perhaps they could put a cap on the number of zones that can be automated, like the first 10 for example. Even that would be better than nothing. As for combining devices, I would agree. If Rex slicing gets incorporated, that would make even more sense.
Old 2012-10-02, 19:38

Quote:
That could indeed be a solution. Limiting the amount of zones to be automated. They could think of just making the obvious controls like filters, envelopes, lfo, etc and leave the more deeper controls uncontrollable.
Thats the best idea so far