Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-05, 18:42

Live Bass "growl" effect

Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a bass sound in my head and I want my live bass player to be able to pull it off via effect pedal. I just don't know what sort of pedal he would need to replicate this sound.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/993620/growl-bass.mp3

I created that using the simple bass patch in subtractor but then I layered it with a bass synth one octave below.. and then to add the "growl" I doubled the part with a Clav with a wah effect.

I've heard this sound on tracks from other artists and I've seen (heard) it played live at a venue.. just didn't get a glimpse of the pedal board.

Is there a Mooger Fooger or something similiar that can create this sound I want to hear played live by my bass player?

Thanks everyone

thepmpod@gmail.com
www.thepmpod.com
www.facebook.com/thepmpod
www.twitter.com/thepmpodcast