Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-07, 20:19

ipad remote protocol app

Really impressed with the nektar p4 keyboard, might buy myself one for christmas.

but think that most of its capabilities could be done via an ipad app over wifi or ipad camera connection kit..

any developers out there???
Old 2012-10-08, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0872 View Post
Really impressed with the nektar p4 keyboard, might buy myself one for christmas.

but think that most of its capabilities could be done via an ipad app over wifi or ipad camera connection kit..

any developers out there???
We offer rsTouch. It is an iPad app that provides full control of Reason's "SSL" mixing desk as well as transport control and the like. We just released it last month and are already considering what other Reason features to add. It connects using either Wi-Fi MIDI or you can connect through any iPad compatible MIDI interface.

There is a fairly active thread here rsTouch thread you might want to take a look at. Complete information (and a comprehensive manual you can download if you wish) can be found here rsTouch. If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them here (or better yet on the other thread), or just contact us directly at support@delora.com.

Douglas Kraul
Harmony Systems, Inc.
http://www.delora.com
Developer of rsTouch
Old 2012-10-08, 12:24

thanks for the reply and bought it yesterday, looks very nice,

I use a projectmix so allot of the faders are duplicated but still its a good app.

take a look at nektar, it would be great to have an app that is similar to that to drill down deeper into reasons framework.
Old 2012-10-08, 14:08

I like your app, works well, I wouldl like to have the master slider fixed right on the mixer as it is in reason and perhaps would like to see fx names etc on the tabs,

but will get used to the app, very nice.

G
Old 2012-10-08, 14:12

You should check this out www.retouchcontrol.com for the full monty
Old 2012-10-08, 19:07

Animoog. Animoog. Animoog.

Just rip off an existing Remote codec and program the CC numbers of Animoog to match. Oh the controller functionality is a paid upgrade, but totally worth the fiver.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0872 View Post
I like your app, works well, I wouldl like to have the master slider fixed right on the mixer as it is in reason and perhaps would like to see fx names etc on the tabs,

but will get used to the app, very nice.

G
Thank you for supporting us and your kind comments.

rsTouch like other Reason controllers is at the mercy of what PH makes available through their Remote SDK. rsTouch pretty much controls and presents all of the SSL related settings that are available from Reason. FX names are available on the channel inserts and on each of the send effects on the master page. When you load a combi into an effect slot the combi's name shows at the top of the insert view for each channel. However if you create your own combi on the fly for an insert or send effect Reason does not provide a name until the combi is saved.

We explored a UI similar to what you suggest with the master fader along side the 8 channel faders. That proved too cramped unless we moved the right-hand controls to the top or bottom. Doing that would have decrease the usable height of each of the various mixer screens and that would hamper the usability of those. We place a premium on usability so that was not a practical option. So the design is a bit of a compromise. Hopefully we optimized toward the most typical usage. But in the end that is for users to decide and we definitely want to hear feedback.

Thanks again for purchasing rsTouch and your thoughtful comments.

Douglas Kraul
Harmony Systems, Inc.
Developer of rsTouch
Old 2012-10-08, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeppel View Post
Animoog. Animoog. Animoog.

Just rip off an existing Remote codec and program the CC numbers of Animoog to match. Oh the controller functionality is a paid upgrade, but totally worth the fiver.
Since you are an rsTouch user you might want to use the new "rsTouch Keyboard" codec we added in the 1.0.1 Reason support files. It provides a full-function keyboard (pitchbend, aftertouch, etc) plus 8 faders, 8 knobs, and 8 switches that you can freely assign to Reason controls. It also works seamlessly with rsTouch. A few more details here: Important news about Delora Software rsTouch.

Douglas Kraul
Harmony Systems, Inc.
Developer of rsTouch