Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-09, 14:55

Why are you putting your words into my mouth? I'm happy with every upgarde of Reason. I'm happy with every new RE which suits my needs and budget. And I'm not against innovations and new ides. I said in another comment, that Kong with 11 FX slots is probably not gonna happen (Kong is big enough even with 4 FX slots). Digging in old devices isn't PH style. Instead they give us new devices with every major upgrade. That's why after Subtractor we got Malstrom then Thor, after RV7 we got RV7000, after NN 19 we got NN-XT etc... I also mentioned that maybe PH or even more likely some RE developers could bring some new, similar, advanced device. Why not to ask let's say Rob Papen to port his Punch (which has only 4 FX slots too btw.) to RE? But OP doesn't want to wait for new device. He doesn't want to bother with routing inserts within mix channels either. Instead he started that pointless music genres argument.
And if you think that rock music equals screaming guitars and machine gun-like drums, you're far from the truth. Pink Floyd and Peter Gabriel are benchmarks for me. And these guys could teach each one of us about sound, experimenting and innovations. They did it before most of us were born.
Reason 6.5, Radical Piano, Radical Keys, Korg Polysix, Re-Tron, Polar, Pulsar, Saturation Knob, RoughRider, Loudness Meter, Uhbik-A, Echobode, PDT2, PCV, Glitch, Morfin XF Crossfader, WBL 5515, CV Suite Line Processor, ReMark, Scope Junior, Line 6 Pod Farm, Chris Hein Guitars, Rayzoon Jamstix, Studio One 2.6 Professional, Reaper, Cakewalk UA-25 EX, Clavia Nord Stage, AMD Turion 64x2, Windows 7 32-bit, 4 GB RAM

Old 2012-10-09, 15:28

I never disagreed with more slots, I just feel 11 is unnecessary. I understand the designing thing, And there is plenty of sculpting you can do within the device itself before the fx. That said considering the fx that are in kong if you're really looking for crazy weird drums I think you're better off using a synth (subtractor or thor) and sampling it into kong imho. But to each its own i guess.
Old 2012-10-09, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulred67 View Post
Why are you putting your words into my mouth? I'm happy with every upgarde of Reason. I'm happy with every new RE which suits my needs and budget. And I'm not against innovations and new ides. I said in another comment, that Kong with 11 FX slots is probably not gonna happen (Kong is big enough even with 4 FX slots). Digging in old devices isn't PH style. Instead they give us new devices with every major upgrade. That's why after Subtractor we got Malstrom then Thor, after RV7 we got RV7000, after NN 19 we got NN-XT etc... I also mentioned that maybe PH or even more likely some RE developers could bring some new, similar, advanced device. Why not to ask let's say Rob Papen to port his Punch (which has only 4 FX slots too btw.) to RE? But OP doesn't want to wait for new device. He doesn't want to bother with routing inserts within mix channels either. Instead he started that pointless music genres argument.
And if you think that rock music equals screaming guitars and machine gun-like drums, you're far from the truth. Pink Floyd and Peter Gabriel are benchmarks for me. And these guys could teach each one of us about sound, experimenting and innovations. They did it before most of us were born.
I started that pointless music genres argument?
Why the heck do you even reply then?!

If Pink Floyd and Peter Gabriel are your benchmarks then you have NOTHING to reply on this thread, only trolling and complaining that other people are thinking outside the box instead of just your year 1962 drumsounds.

Yeah i know we can create a Combinator put Kong inside and put all the creative FX and studio FX in it and turn tons of knobs to create sounds.
That was not what i was asking for.

But it seems you don't get the point if black and white are the only colours for you.
I won't explain it again, read the thread over and over again if you feel you need it.