Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-09, 20:38

Smile New song on soundcloud - Let's move on

Hi all!

I have uploaded a new song, a 3 day project which turned out much better than I expected. Your comments or thoughts are most welcome. Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/jalandmusic/lets-move-on
Old 2012-10-10, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanbackman View Post
Hi all!

I have uploaded a new song, a 3 day project which turned out much better than I expected. Your comments or thoughts are most welcome. Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/jalandmusic/lets-move-on
I liked this a lot! I enjoyed the contrast between the more laid back sections and the more energetic, trancey sections when the voice went "Let's Roll". Nicely mixed as well.

Carl

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-10, 20:14

Thanks Carl for the feedback, much appreciated ;-)
Old 2012-10-11, 22:36

You need to bring the vocals out of the background a little... Its a cool track, but the vocs are washed out on my system...

edit: actually it sounds like your just mic shy.

Last edited by rVOLT; 2012-10-11 at 22:38.
Old 2012-10-12, 05:18

The idea is VERY laid back, which has a progressive tinge to it - me likey. I think the drums lack due to repetitiveness. The same click is going the entire song I think... Arrangement alone would improve this track tenfold I think.. which can be easily alleviated by importing an audio file of a song u particularly like that is a similar style, and matching the introduction and selection of sounds identically more or less. You vocal choppage is superb though. Very unique - it should be showcased in the track more (and in the future) - aka turn em up! They clearly have percussive dynamic which can play off the kick and snare if you sidechain them - not to the same sidechain.. mix those up and tailer each compressor settings to each vocal sound. You will be very happy with the result I think. And throw one of the echo rolls on em automated up for builds. The drums and that gated fxlead is sick at just pe-2min btw. I think this could be two different songs though. But the drums at 2:42 make me my head twerk son.
Old 2012-10-13, 04:00

Cool percussive lead in this. Sounds like a vocoder effect.
Old 2012-10-13, 20:52

Hi and thanks for feedback! The vox is a mix of two separate recordings and I guess this makes it less pronounced. You are indeed right about being mic shy.... ;-) This is new to me and I'm still learning to control the vox and still searching for the optimum vox filter/effects settings in reason.

Cheers,
Old 2012-10-13, 20:55

Hi and thanks for your comprehensive feedback! Very much appreciated. ;-) I will take your comments into account for the remix!

Cheers,
Old 2012-10-13, 20:57

Hi and thanks,

No vocoder in this song. The vox was a mix of two separate recordings, maybe this gives an illusion of vocoder?

Cheers,