Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-11, 21:47

A Million Tiny Architects and Undercurve collaborate, how will it sound?

Something like this:

Loading SoundCloud…

Most people here will know this song, it's the AMTA song 'Lost in Oscillations' (I believe it was the runner up for a PUF-challenge), or maybe you know it from the Selig remix put out a while back.

We did a rework of the original and Holly added some new vocals to this track as a bonus!

We went all the way with this, we recorded guitars, bassguitars and drums for this rock version of the song and I wrote some extra lyrics. Everything else done in Reason.

Enjoy

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Spectrephonic; 2012-10-11 at 21:49.
Old 2012-10-11, 22:38

hey much thanks again, ton. you and kevin really breathed some life into it. i especially love the climax.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:09

It still hits me that we did not rearrange the song structure of the original but still it sounds that way. We kind of worked around the vocals.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-12, 16:19

I had a blast listening to this song. It is so well produced. The drums and guitar couldn't get any better IMO. Holly's vox is as pristine as always and with this style of music, it sounds like an Evanescence that I would listen to more often. Well done Ton and team!

Ed
Old 2012-10-12, 16:38

You do not want to know how many processing went into the guitars! In the end they sound as very solid but in fact I had to bounce them as a stereo track somewhere towards the end because my computer maxed out!

The left and right guitars both got 3 passes through a Sansamp and an speaker with a SM57 on it coupled with the DI and a Reason rack full of effects, I believe Pulverisers, Screams and Line6's. We recorded the guitars DI so we could do things like this.

All guitar tracks also have tons of effects to bring them forward like this, lots of Mclass-EQ for cuts and SSL for boosts. I also put Pulverisers on all of them to get more grit and sustain and the Kong Transient Designer to get more attack on the guitars.

When I bounced them as a stereo track I did some more EQ and some widening with the Stereo Imager.

The drums are just straight forward but I layered the kick and snare as always.

Loading SoundCloud…