Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-12, 20:10

It's hard not to be ambiguioua about rights when it comes to music but you can use a little common sense.
If you use a sample from the FSB and do something creative with it then you're doing exactly what it's for. If you rip the samples out of the FSB, make no changes and try to sell them as your own work you'll be made to walk the plank.
For example, I have a friend who doesn't have Reason, he liked the sound of a rex loop I used and wanted a copy of it. I told him to go and buy Reason if he wanted it that much as I dont have the right to give the FSB away. I could have got around it by doing something creative to the file but at the end of the day he's just an ableton user so fuck him.
I live in Lancashire, England.