Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-09-29, 09:34

Recycle Rack Extension PLZ!!!

Definitely think u guys should make recycle an in box edition to Reason 6.5. Seeing as though we can bring the samples in, I feel we should be able to sample directly from reason itself. Hopefully make it possible to seperate every chop to its own mixer channel (for chopping drums out of breaks). This could help the workflow a bit and add to the extension arsenal. Also think u guys should pay some of the people who have made combinators on the site to make more original reason extensions. It's seems as though a lot of the plugins are combinators anyway so why not? Originality is key, make people want what REASON has to offer...not what people have already been pirating for years.
Old 2012-10-04, 08:23

yes make a rack extension like abletons slice to midi...easy way to chop up samples and assign to midi notes
Old 2012-10-04, 08:36

I would rather see Recycle being full integrated within Reason by default next upgrade.
No RE.
If that would be the only addition for Reason v7 i would be very happy already, and buy the next upgrade.
With Record added in v6 it would turn Reason v7 into a real producers beast.
Old 2012-10-05, 12:12

+ 1 to this suggestion, Recycle should be integrated into Reason.

Of coure it might be quite difficult I can imagine as these are two totally different programs and you just can't place Re-Cycle into the Reason Rack. But opening it as a separate Window might work with instant Audio sample import functionality straight from the Sequencer and export as an image of the imported Audio file into the OctoRex.
Old 2012-10-05, 15:36

+1

If Props don't take note of this on the next update...

I don't know how that sentence should end but Reason has been crying out for better audio manipulation / slicing since record was born.

I understand they may well have been an old profit agreement made on Recycle that is getting in the way, but even if that is the case, it's absolutely in their interest to renegotiate.

I know a lot of Reason Heads get angry when we talk about other DAWs being ahead of Reason in this sense - but the fact is, reason is, in it's current form still way way behind the competition in terms of audio. But a few minor additions would rectify that so quickly.

A couple of clicks loading up some Waves plug-ins on a Vocal take in Pro-tools or logic or any other VST compatible DAW is equivalent to hours of knob turning on the M-Class suite. I mean there is still no purpose built DeEsser.

With the introduction of REs it has been a big step but I still can't get the same results as quickly.

Having said that Reason's sequencer for me is so quick and easy to use...

ok I'll shut up now - didn't mean for that to turn into a rant.

Apologies.

"Music is my religion." Jimi Hendrix

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-05, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenTNI View Post
+ 1 to this suggestion, Recycle should be integrated into Reason.

Of coure it might be quite difficult I can imagine as these are two totally different programs and you just can't place Re-Cycle into the Reason Rack. But opening it as a separate Window might work with instant Audio sample import functionality straight from the Sequencer and export as an image of the imported Audio file into the OctoRex.
I agree with this statement.
Old 2012-10-12, 10:39

Wow...glad to see other people feel the same way!!! Thank you guys for you input! To be honest, I don't mind if its a RE or integrated in reason itself. It just needs to be a bit more accessible imo. I want EVERYTHING in the box with Reason...MIXING, MASTERING, SAMPLE EDITING, ETC.!
Old 2012-10-12, 21:07

I would love to see an Ipad version of recycle also.

BLOG
http://boomboxbeats.net/

Store
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST
Old 2012-10-12, 21:43

it would be easy for props to do. the technology is already in Reason but they want you to buy Recycle too. when you use the live sampling the start point snaps to the first transient... that is what Recycle does. they just need to do it so it snaps to all transients... easy!
Old 2012-10-12, 22:04
Banned

Plus a lot for this one!

Or just integrate ReCycle into Reason!