Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-25, 21:48
RolMadness

Help me!! Corrupt File!

Dear everybody!

My name is Rol Madness and I am music producer and Propellerhead Reason user. I have a problem and i need your help.

Today i make my new music with a Reason 5.0 when my computer is turn off. When i turn on my computer and i open my reason project, the Reason software posted by error. Quote: "The file (filename).rns has a bad format and can not be loaded." I could not believe my eyes because this file is most important for me.

My question, can anybody help me and can i repair my project??

Thank you for answer.
Old 2012-09-25, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolMadness View Post
Dear everybody!

My name is Rol Madness and I am music producer and Propellerhead Reason user. I have a problem and i need your help.

Today i make my new music with a Reason 5.0 when my computer is turn off. When i turn on my computer and i open my reason project, the Reason software posted by error. Quote: "The file (filename).rns has a bad format and can not be loaded." I could not believe my eyes because this file is most important for me.

Thank you for answer.
Have you changed anything in your computer? Relocated files and/or folders associated with the file, like ReFills and samples? Updated/installed drivers? In any case, you are much beter off contacting support and sending them the file along with a full description of what happened.
Old 2012-09-26, 08:03

I'd suggest registering your Reason product on the website. At least that doesn't give people like myself the impression that you're professionally producing music with a demo verison of Reason

Quote:
The best way is to contact support about this. They know quite a few tricks to get corrupt files going again and you don't have to worry about them (ab)using your material for something else.

Other than that its impossible to comment. Guess you could put the file up for download so that other people can try, but I'd go for support first.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

Old 2012-10-16, 00:37

Quote:
Dear everybody!

Thank you for answer.
Your preferences are probably locked due to a the power failure... the easiest way to repair this problem is to blow away all your reason preferences, including all orphaned audio streams. Restart reason (which will ask you for the install disk, don't worry just point to the right location on your drive) and you should be up and running!