Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-16, 09:52

Copying samples from audio track to sampler

Hi wondering the best ways to get audio from a track into a NN-XT sampler.

ie i have a guitar riff on my audio track and i want to use part of it as a sample.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:33

Well, you could set the L&R loop indicators to the start and end points of the part you want to put in the NN-XT and export that loop as a WAV file, then load it into the NN-XT that way. Or you could use the sample button on the NN-XT itself and play the track directly into the sampler, but I don't recall how best to work the routing to do that - if nobody else chimes in, it's something to look up in the manual, probably.

Old 2012-10-16, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by platzangst View Post
Well, you could set the L&R loop indicators to the start and end points of the part you want to put in the NN-XT and export that loop as a WAV file, then load it into the NN-XT that way. Or you could use the sample button on the NN-XT itself and play the track directly into the sampler, but I don't recall how best to work the routing to do that - if nobody else chimes in, it's something to look up in the manual, probably.
or cut the part you want, mark it and chose "bounce to sample"
Load a sampler of choice, reset device, and import the sample from the location. (not program, sample!)
Old 2012-10-16, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedberg View Post
or cut the part you want, mark it and chose "bounce to sample"
Huh. Must have snuck that in an update when I wasn't looking.

Old 2012-10-16, 12:33

On the back of the Audio IO device, there's an orange highlighted stereo pair named Sampling Input. You can plug anything you like into this - any audio track, any device (usually from the direct or FX outputs on the mix channel) or even any audio input.

You then simply press the sample button on the device you want to import whatever you send to these inputs, into. this can be an NNXT NN19, Redrum or the Kong - or another mix channel I think...

This gets added into the songs sample pool and you can edit the start/end points etc within the sample edit dialogue. Its dead easy and really quick once you have done it once.

See page 419 of the PDF manual.

Last edited by Redster930; 2012-10-16 at 12:37.