Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-16, 18:57

Rack extensions and midi mapping (Axion Pro)

Is there a Reason why RE does not have a default midi mapping ? or is it just me who have problems? I thought i had a problem with Predator - but it is the same in opther RE. I have an Axiom Pro 49 and the hypercontrol normally works great with Reason, but with RE the midi mapping is not working like it should. As in - suddenly a controller / knob which usually works on a filet etc. is now mapped to Bar number and another one i mapped to speed ??

MIKE
Old 2012-10-16, 19:06

It has to do with the Reason Remote config - by default the maps are designed to work with 'default' Reason components. I'm sure over time REs will be able to be added in, but it does take some work
Old 2012-10-16, 20:47

One way you can control RE's at the moment is to just use your keyboard as an 'Advanced midi controller' in the preferences.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:55

I don´t get it. Why can the programmers of Rack Extensions not just implement a default midi mapping, so when you hit a RE device - it works !

I really don´t get it ;-)

MIKE
Old 2012-10-17, 16:36

Remote maps are made by the keyboard manufacturers. It's m-audio's job to update hypercontrol and remote maps for its keyboards. Even vst/au's don't have this "default midi mapping" you speak of hence hypercontrol, novation automap...etc... exists in the first place.
Old 2012-10-17, 19:08

use remote overide or simpli combine your rack extension so you can controll combinator...

I've a novation ReMote SL 25 and I've the same problem, the f---ing new automap is terribly unconfortable for working with, I can't get new maps work, grunchhh!
Old 2012-10-17, 19:09

OK it is like that .... thanks

M
Old 2013-11-18, 12:02

This has been driving me up the wall recently as its part of another issue i was trying to get around. I think I just found the answer. This is where the whole idea MODIFYING REMOTE MAPS suddenly became necessary lol and not just something to geek out on. The key to setting yourself up is in these two documents/pages:

http://www.propellerheads.se/blog/tu...ontrol-remote/
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=176290

To put in short, your gonna have to modify the .remotemap file located in your Library/Application Support/... folder and add lines of sensative script that you can find on the second link i gave. Here's Predator:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...7&postcount=29

Where it says "_control_" is where you'll have to put the name of the control you wanna use. In my case, i was modifying thr generic midi map so i was filling in with CC # in place of that _control_ .... Get ready for some trial and error and time consuming fu---no not fun, but necesary to really customize your own experience if you use alotta Re's and ur like me and not a fan of control override edit mode

Last edited by indijinouz; 2013-11-18 at 12:31.