Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-18, 13:42

Thumbs up I know you guys at Propellerhead.SE can do this!

Can you create presets for new Plugins and presets.For Mastering EQ,Compression,Stereo Imager,Maximizer,Reverb,Delay,Filter,Chorus,Unison ,Flange, and Parametric EQ.Also can you make the effects like M-Class,etc.,more complex.I think you guys should do like a 6 to 8 different EQ numbers made by Propellerhead for Reason 6.5.3+.Like Image-Line gives you 6 types of EQ on theirs.Also the different kinds of EQ like Wide Bandwidth,Medium Bandwith,and Narrow Bandwidth.A Multiband Compressor,and 3 different types of Compressors like FET,Opto,and VCA.An Air Plugin to give your Sounds and Vocals good presence.A Dither,Noise Shaping,and Modulation like Ozone has?Plus better compression for sounds.Like say a Synth is 200 kb.Can you compress it to like maybe 80 kb?Because it takes up Headroom on mixes.Plus can you add a Stereolizer?And a custom Beat Repeater and Tape-Vinyl effect plugin.Like Image-Line has Gross Beat. Also can you add a De-Esser Plugin to remove the hiss?Can your Sound Library be big like say maybe 20 to 30 gigs of stock sounds that come with Reason 6.5.3+?Like Logic has theirs.And can you make Sound Libraries,for Each genre of Music.Like Hip Hop would be,Club,Jerk,Dirty South,West Coast.East Coast,Midwest,Funk,Trap,Trip Hop,Anthem,Motivational,Insprirational,and Dance,Hip Hop Beats.It would go from Hip Hop as the main folder then into different Subfolders.For each type.Also like for RnB,would be Ballad,Slow Jam,New Jack Swing,Club,Uptempo,and Crunk N B.Also a Rhythm and Gangsta section.Also known as R&G.For House Music would be House,Techno,Dubstep,DnB,Dub-Reggae,Trance,Ambient,Chillout,Pop,Electro,Electro House,and the other types of House Music.Rock would be,Classic,Punk,Metal,Grunge,Ballad,Contemporary,a nd New Age.You also would have a Section for Gospel,Christian,Classical,Ragtime,Reggae,Blues,Di sco,Doo-Wop,Cartoon,Movie,and Ethnic types of Music.Such as World Music,like Polka,Swedish House,Dutch House,Berlin House,Korean Pop,Grime,Tribal,Indian,and Latin genres.And can you guys make more unique Brass,Organ,Piano,String and Woodwind sections.That have more to offer than just 15 to 20 instruments.More like say 50-100 different types.to push the envelope!I know you can do it Propellerhead!

Last edited by beatsknocking; 2012-10-18 at 13:48.
Old 2012-10-18, 14:03

A De-Esser would be really appropriate...

You can even build one by yourself with split signal,
a compressor and an EQ in the side chain.

But it does not work as good as the Waves Plugin (for example)
Old 2012-10-18, 14:09

Am i trippin right now?
90% of this stuff already in the factory bank or released as an RE.
Old 2012-10-18, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
Am i trippin right now?
90% of this stuff already in the factory bank or released as an RE.
Nah you aint trippin, clearly a guy who does not know how to use his tools- no offense meant to you beatsknocking but all of this is already possible between the FSB and current Re's. (except presets on mclass devices- but we have combinators with presets already.)

And the file size (kbs) of synths have nothing to do with head room in a mix. that's dealing with transients and overall volume level.

Edit: forgot to mention that alot of the genre's mentioned use the same instruments- no need to separate the sound bank by genre. There's also refills for if you want something more specific. Believe me I'm a gospel guy (not what I would call one of the popular or extremely catered to genre's for reason users) and don't see a need for a specialized section/library in the fsb.

Last edited by QVprod; 2012-10-18 at 15:05.
Old 2012-10-18, 18:45

A sound library dedicated to Ragtime? Seriously?? I am a jazz lover first and foremost but I'm not sure that I would ever invest money into a Ragtime sample library. Ragtime is just early Jazz music so whatever instruments were available around 1920 would work. Horns, pianos, upright bass etc. Pretty sure we've got all those already and if you really want an authentic sound, just eq the crap out of the top and bottom end so it all sounds like an old record!

I will say though that I agree with some of your ideas in that although most of the tools that you are looking for are already available, setting them up with the tools we have can slow down creativity at times. It's funny how many of the RE's coming out could make doing many complex jobs in Reason easier which could be beneficial to new users. Some of the RE's however are quite complex in nature for any new user, anything that features CVs for example.

I think that Props are going to struggle with enhancing Reason while not scaring away potential RE developers. If Props update the the original delay module for example, will they lose sales by not allowing a 3rd party developer to create the equivalent RE?

No matter what, the users are the winners so I can't help but thank Props for going down this path! Life is good for us all
Old 2012-10-19, 11:02

This guy beatsknocking cracks me up ! Dude learn how to use the tools or just have some one mix your tracks.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:06

Can you make a post with no breaks that just goes on and on about stuff relentessly and can you do this and that and the other because I'm the Dude and I say so. Oh you did.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:09

DAMN! Talk about run-on sentences.. That gave me a headache! Most of what you said is obsolete or irrelevant due to what we already have with Reason, REs, or just plain silly requests of yours, but I get your point though; some of it made sense after decoding your poor English writing skillz............ I hope Propellerhead hears our cries.

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by LastAlternative; 2012-10-19 at 12:14.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerski View Post
after decoding your poor English writing skillz............
HEY!

do not complain about people who can not speak some English!
my english is totally horrible too..

Well that there is Reason in German language
Old 2012-10-19, 13:14

Well come one. Language has spaces between words. Anyone who knows anything knows that!

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/