Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-01-23, 15:05

Lightbulb Song Previews as audio

Hey Props. I would love to see a way to preview a song file without opening it; maybe as a low-quality 15-30 second clip we could listen to without actually opening up the song file. As most of us, I have HUNDREDs of songs/ideas and is at times difficult to track down the file I am looking for, especially months later. I also have Logic and they at least provide a mini screenshot of the song and that can help some. I think it should be rather easy to incorporate? When you would save a file, Reason would quickly "bounce" a low-quality 15 second audio file, and when you clicked on the song you could opt to listen to the preview without actually opening the song file as a quick way to locate the tracks you want at any one time...

What does everyone think?
Old 2012-01-23, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by patwharity View Post

That you can do it already.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:10

"that you can do it already" is your answer without elaborating?
Old 2012-01-23, 16:23

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=153280

*Soundcloud
Old 2012-01-23, 17:18

Ya definitely can do that Jagwah but I am looking for it to be added as a feature. Like I said, I have hundreds of songs/4 bar ideas, etc and would be nice to file open and then hit play to hear the snippet. Think of it how you preview loops in reason, you click on the loop and it will autoplay or if its too large, you have to click on the play button. Logic has the min screenshot that helps me to remember the track. This forum category is about feature suggestions not workarounds. Thanks for the reply though. Cheers.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:51

No problemo.
I have a folder on my desktop with a whole bunch of my current work in .WAV format. Usually when I hit up Reason I know exactly what I want to work on, but if I don't I find this folder the best motivator to get started, but whoops, wrong forum

*Soundcloud
Old 2012-10-19, 06:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by patwharity View Post
Hey Props. I would love to see a way to preview a song file without opening it; maybe as a low-quality 15-30 second clip we could listen to without actually opening up the song file. As most of us, I have HUNDREDs of songs/ideas and is at times difficult to track down the file I am looking for, especially months later. I also have Logic and they at least provide a mini screenshot of the song and that can help some. I think it should be rather easy to incorporate? When you would save a file, Reason would quickly "bounce" a low-quality 15 second audio file, and when you clicked on the song you could opt to listen to the preview without actually opening the song file as a quick way to locate the tracks you want at any one time...

I was just going to post the same suggestion
This would be an awesome time saver.