Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-20, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMex View Post
True. Well I do apologize to everyone including PH for the temporary loss of "Anger Management" and though this was pretty painful, I don't regret making the move to OSX. It's everything that I ever wanted from high performance operating system. Every other day, I find something new that completely blows me away (like the gestures on the touchpad, connectivity options and so on). There's no way in hell I'm ever going back to windows even though it may be more hardware bang for the buck.

But yeah, the quirks are most definitely there. I did assume from all my friends who have macs that it would be easier to use - LMAO!

For example when I bought the MBP and upgraded the memory and hard drive, I had no existing media from the dude that I bought it from (used) so when I tried to get Mountain Lion installed, it was like pulling teeth (can't buy it retail, have to download it directly from the app store) so I had to buy a overpriced copy of Snow Leopard in order to upgrade to mountain lion.

It's little things like that which thus far made switching over to OSX a pain in the ass but I'm hoping that once it's all said and done, that I will have a productive workstation that will enable me to use it as a DAW and more importantly, used reliably for live performance. :-D

I can't wait to get up and running. I have a feeling when it's all said and done, it will be worth the time and investment. :-)
Yeah I reckon - sure it will be worthwhile - enjoy your new system and look forward to seeing your posted music online!

cheers.
Old 2012-10-20, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmorgan19457 View Post
In this thread: Maturity.

A) It warns you to backup your folder before installing. Time Machine makes this really easy, but you could just copy everything to the desktop.
B) Unless you pirated them, you should have discs or links to reacquire your refills.
C) You brought this on yourself, so don't bitch and moan here about it.
What he said. Everyone knows this its also a reason why you should NEVER install your main documents in a PROGRAMS FOLDER *palm to face*.

Hate to bring it up even though i know it doesnt apply to all Apple users but.. Gosh i despise some Apple users sometimes.. "WHY IT NO DO IT FOR ME!?" ¬_¬

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2012-10-20, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondh View Post

I wonder whether you expected a Mac to be more idiot-proof than a Windows PC? After all Apple fans do tend to love their machines and Macs have a reputation of 'taking care of the details' rather than Windows, where users are supposedly plagued by driver incompatibilities and other nasty Microsoft problems.

The reality is it's a different computer and different operating system with different quirks. There will be more surprises, so hopefully this is a lesson learned... (coming from one who has learned many lessons the hard way too!!)

cheers
Yep! You said it

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2012-10-20, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSidious View Post
What he said. Everyone knows this its also a reason why you should NEVER install your main documents in a PROGRAMS FOLDER *palm to face*.

Hate to bring it up even though i know it doesnt apply to all Apple users but.. Gosh i despise some Apple users sometimes.. "WHY IT NO DO IT FOR ME!?" ¬_¬
From what i gather, the OP is a "life long Windows user" (their words) who has recently moved to a Mac, which hints at the fact the problem is their NOT reading the installation instructions rather than having a personality type dictated by their computer OS. The mere belief in the latter is a sign of immaturity too, innit? 2012 now, nearly 2013, I thought we were done with these silly OS wars...
Old 2012-10-20, 12:33

I understand frustration and all, but there's better ways to post on a forum than basically "wishing all staff dead"!!! Serious mate how old are you?