Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-20, 15:04

Question Recording 'what you hear' with ASIO Balance?

Hello again fellow propellerheads!

It has been a while again.

Lately I have been experimenting with using Reason and Balance for doing live performances with vocals/guitar. This is all going dandy but i'm looking to do something else.

I would like to do live recordings of these performances, but am having trouble getting my computer to record the output of balance, for example with a webcam recording the video.

It works okay for just the dry input using 'Balance in' as the audio source, but I want to be able to record with all the effects/backing track playing.

Now you might be saying, why don't i just hit record in reason and export it? Well I could, but I feel this adds too many steps inbetween and something is bound to go wrong, especially when performing live, and i'm just wondering whether it is possible to just record 'What you hear' as the audio source for a webcam program or external camera?

Help would be appreciated, but i understand it is a bit of a picky question.

Thanks.

Last edited by peteralabaster; 2012-10-20 at 15:06.
Old 2012-10-20, 16:01

Some audio cards support record from output but not all. It would be nice to have that option in reason no mather what audio card you are using.