Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-21, 10:23

People really should keep these matters private between themselves and the company until it is confirmed there is an issue. The vast majority of DAW users are very amateur level users, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. It saves embarressment for both parties.
Old 2012-10-21, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101 View Post
yeah, it's certainly got an issue with its claims of "Yoko is specially designed to ensure a “flat sum” crossover for each frequency band, meaning it won’t add unwanted filtering to your sound. What you put in is what you get out, only split in three and amplified how you like."

Firstly, nice to see Trickyflemming getting involved, hopefully these potential issues can be gotten to the bottom of one way or another.

Secondly, at first I was pretty shocked by the utube video, but then I saw there was a lot of band-crossing going on in the demo. Now, with the resolution of the video and my eyesight I'm not sure what to think.

I did a very basic test last night with a pink noise audio sample. I opened the audio file in Reason then exported the loop with and without Yoko (untouched) as a mixer channel insert. Thing is when I added Yoko (untouched) the audio clipped so I added a Mclass Maximer with default settings as a Master Insert in both cases.

I loaded the without Yoko wav (16 bit 44000, same as pink noise sample) into Har-Bal and then load the Yoko sample as a reference. The two frequency charts pretty much overlapped exactly in terms of frequency and dB save some very minor differences on the peak graph (you have peak and average db charts) on some low frequencies.

That showed to me that there's nothing monstrous going on but the idea was to use this device as "Multiband everything" with claims of clean results. So I'd like to be able to use this as a multiband compressor with clean results... so it'd be nice to know if the claims of "bad sound", "bad results" have any basis?
Synth Rock
Old 2012-10-21, 13:00

My (and others) questions are being answered over in the User forum thread... thanks all
Synth Rock
Old 2012-10-21, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifunk View Post
People really should keep these matters private between themselves and the company until it is confirmed there is an issue. The vast majority of DAW users are very amateur level users, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. It saves embarressment for both parties.
I'm blushing a little bit now... On the plus side, each time I do some incompetent intervention and that some of you guys correct me (or make me discover that I'm wrong (like here)), I actually learn something... and I'm really improving since I hang out on this forum!

I'll post details of my experiments with Yoko tonight, since I've started to do so publicly!