Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-21, 23:40

If anybody has doubts about this ReFill: this thing is a pretty complete collection of 80s sounds!

I was looking for one of Tangerine Dream's most famous sounds. I know that they didn't use Fairlight, but they used PPG and EMU a lot. So I found 'EIII PPG Choir' in this libray.

Simply this preset is worth every Byte!!!!
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-22, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatzle View Post
If anybody has doubts about this ReFill: this thing is a pretty complete collection of 80s sounds!

I was looking for one of Tangerine Dream's most famous sounds. I know that they didn't use Fairlight, but they used PPG and EMU a lot. So I found 'EIII PPG Choir' in this libray.

Wait, what?!? They most definitely did use Fairlight (google is your friend)! :-)
USA
Old 2012-10-22, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatzle View Post

I just listened to the PPG Choir, very nice!

I made a track entirely with this refill... it's in my signature!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-23, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
Wait, what?!? They most definitely did use Fairlight (google is your friend)! :-)
Ok, maybe . I'd read an interview with Froese, Franke and Schmoelling. Their first sampler was the Waveframe System by PPG. Some day they ordered a Synclavier, but while their SC was built they got an offer to buy another second hand Waveframe. So they had one WF as a backup and rented the SC instead. In said interview they never talk of Fairlight I think.
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by JoshuaPhilgarlic; 2013-07-20 at 22:39.
Old 2013-02-25, 16:53

Bitley Fairlight Platinum

I'd just like to throw my own opinion in here seeing as I have bought the refill little over a month ago and have had the chance to extensively shift through every patch and use it in a sequencing environment layering sounds together.

This refill is bar none the best refill I have ever purchased. Period. Initially I was interested from a nostalgic point of view because growing up I loved 80's artists like Pet Shop Boys, Tears For Fears, Erasure and Depeche Mode ect. So this refill was like my musical guilty pleasure and getting the chance to time machine back to my childhood.

I wasn't sure practically how much of it I would use in my actual music making, but it's unbelievably usable and a must 'go to' sound source cor me now. It isn't just old sounds, it's old sounds reimagined as well as having the starting base 'old sound' to work with if you are the keen sound designer within your own songwriting.

We are very luck as reason users to have as talented an independant sound designer as Patrick Fridh because the work he has put into this refill astounds me. The price is very cheap for what you get. I've noticed a few 'trolls' in various PUF threads whining, moaning and dissing this refill when they haven't even tried it out. Ignore the haters and if you like 80's synth pop music then you will be very happy with this refill. A wonderful investment.

Also, more disturbingly I have noticed one user called EXOWILDEBEEST encouraging people to look for an illegal torrent of this refill. Not cool. Wouldn't it be great if we all didn't have to pay for stuff in life? But in the end none of us would have to work, therefore no more cool products. Please pay for refills and keep talented guys like Patrick doing what they do best.

Also Patrick is very diligent in communication with users and has a Facebook user page where Fairlight Platinum users can talk and share songs and sounds made with the refill which is like a wee community and everyone is warm and friendly. I can't think of any other refills I have bought that offer such great customer service. The refill itself is continually updated so you keep on getting more for your money.

Buy this refill NOW!
Old 2013-02-27, 03:41

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for the very fine comments!

Users - don't miss the new free demo tracks & sounds that has been added recently! We have started making Wavestation-inspired patches.

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net
Old 2013-04-11, 04:36

Introducing Fairlight Platinum Bonus 1.rfl - available now!

Free bonus refill for all users. Including some very fun samples as used by Art Of Noise, lots of new Subtractor & Thor patches, new song examples, Bitley™ Rack Extension patches and more. You will also find an extreme amount of neatly sorted samples selected from Fairlight Platinum and the Bitley™ O8 refill. Nearly 180 Mb of data, packed into a refill it translates to about 90 Mb.The new refill is available NOW! Registered users will find it in the dropbox; new users will find it alongside the extremely nice Fairlight Platinum refill.

About Fairlight Platinum Introduced in January 2012, Fairlight Platinum is one of the largest Reason 6 / 6.5 / 7 ReFills ever produced, containing nearly 3 Gigabytes of data (before packing) and over 3,400 sounds. It is one of the largest publicly available Fairlight CMI libraries but also comes with all drum machines ever made, lots of famous synthesizers and first and foremost; thousands of totally unique patches programmed by Bitley™ along with a number of extremely talented signature patch programmers, such as EditEd4TV, DrLoop and Navi Retlav. With the new bonus refill added today, the number of patches lands at about 3,600. The refill is currently being used by Michael Moog ('That Sound'), Tears For Fears, David Guetta & Fred Rister and many others. Fairlight Platinum has gotten rave reviews in every corner of the world where Reason is being used.

More info about Fairlight Platinum

Reviews & Famous users

Order Fairlight Platinum using PayPal (Price: US $119 worldwide)

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

Old 2013-08-03, 12:53

FYI. There is an ongoing hot summer sale at the site and it ends by August 15th.

Old 2013-08-03, 19:40

Check out some of the reviews posted at Gearslutz.
Old 2013-11-08, 01:02

Arrow Fairlight Platinum $45 during November

Apologies for insufficient information previously.

Now, everyone can enjoy my premium refill Platinum at just $45 this entire month (normal price $119). The price includes a full year of additions (bonus refills, demo track examples etc). Previous customers can also order it to get the extra year of additional content.

Fairlight Platinum contains 3,600 patches & 6.000 samples, 3 Gb of data before packing and took 3 years to develop. It comes with the entire Fairlight Iix library and also contains samples (as well as multi samples) from E-mu Emulator II, E-mu Emulator III, Roland JX8P, Roland JX10, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland D-50, Roland TR-505, 606, 707, 808 and 909. Prophet 1 and 5. Yamaha DX7. Yamaha TX81Z. Casio VZ1. Moog Minimoog. Casio CZ-5000. LinnDrum. Oberheim Matrix 6 and Matrix 12, DMX. Roland SH-101. Korg Trinity. Korg 01/W. Roland Juno 60 & 106. Wavestation. Prophet VS. Roland V-Synth. Yamaha DX7II. Roland TB-303. Roland S-550. Roland CR-68, CR-78. Casio RZ-1. Yamaha RX5.

It is like a step back into a fully featured hardware synth studio, including all of those famous sounds, but it is also a complete Reason production with fully featured combinator patches utilizing the classic sounds as building blocks for entirely new sounds. Most combinators also have complete knob & button assignments to make it easy creating new alternations of the sounds with just a few mouse clicks. All of those edits are then saved with your song projects as usual.

Please feel free to order it using this link.

I am doing this because I want more people to get to know this refill, which is a bit larger than many other refills and really works well as a fresh go to-toolkit when creating music.

Related links:

Demo music examples from myself here.
Demo music from other users here.
PDF patch list here.
Youtube demos.
Youtube tutorial.
User reviews.

Standout excellent usage: Grafton Primary - One More Life (K Jovinder Remix)

Loading SoundCloud…