Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-11-05, 07:29

Mpk 49 note repeat!!!

how the hell do you get the note repeat to work right with reason!!!!???? i press 1/32 and it does 1/16 whats going on here!! anyone else have this problem or no how to fix it??
Old 2011-11-06, 04:58

So there's no one on this whole forum who knows how to fix this problem??
Old 2011-11-06, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayone View Post
Well long story short I got rid of all my propellerhead gear. I seen the so called upgrade they were calling reason 6 and at first I couldn't help but laugh. Than I thought man that would suck if all I had to do was go buy reason 5 now and get everything els for free. So that's why I asked the question...oh and I will never buy another piece of propellerheads software until recycle is fully integrated.
I thought you had sold all your Propellerhead software. Anyway, I don't have an MPK but as far as I know note repeat does not work in Reason.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:07

I have an Akai MPK49, and the note repeat function works fine for me. It is worth noting that the note repeat is for the pads, not for the keys. You'll see where the Note Repeat switch is on the controller, there's a section right next to it called Keyboard, and that's for the keys, while Note Repeat only applies to pads.

Hope this helped.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:17

Can you really get it to work in Reason?! In sync?! I thought it'd only work if Reason could send MIDI-clock out to the MPK so the Note Repeat function would work in sync, but Reason can only be MIDI-clock slave, as far as I know.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:25

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you couldn't get the note repeat to work at all.

As far as I know, the sync would have to be manually applied with the tempo switch on the MPK49.

Of course, a work around would be to create an RPG-8 device under whatever synth you are using, and play one note at a time. It will create a note repeat, and you can change the time to whatever you want within RPG-8.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I thought you had sold all your Propellerhead software. Anyway, I don't have an MPK but as far as I know note repeat does not work in Reason.
Why wouldn't it work? How is note repeat different than an arp from a midi keyboard? I don't use the RPG-8 i used the arp on my triton and it works fine.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Why wouldn't it work? How is note repeat different than an arp from a midi keyboard? I don't use the RPG-8 i used the arp on my triton and it works fine.
We're taking MIDI sync here. I suppose you slave Reason to your Triton, because you sure can't do the opposite.
Old 2011-11-06, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhypht View Post
I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you couldn't get the note repeat to work at all.

As far as I know, the sync would have to be manually applied with the tempo switch on the MPK49.

Of course, a work around would be to create an RPG-8 device under whatever synth you are using, and play one note at a time. It will create a note repeat, and you can change the time to whatever you want within RPG-8.
As I've said to the OP, I don't have an MPK, so I don't know, it's just that from my understanding its Note Repeat would only work properly, i.e., in sync, if Reason sent MIDI-clock out.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:57
biomecanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayone View Post
how the hell do you get the note repeat to work right with reason!!!!???? i press 1/32 and it does 1/16 whats going on here!! anyone else have this problem or no how to fix it??
I have the same problem, nothing gets synced, no matter i do in preference or on the akai mpk49.
Tryed with my midi sapphire and plugged the akai mpk49 with it, same shit. No sync, zero nada.

And Reason 5.01 Snap does not snap, it leaves millisecond off open spot or dubble beats with end and start . Even if i cut it, still the end dubble beats with start.

I even uninstalled reason 5 and reinstalled, same thing.
What a waste of money and all the refills i bought (,_,

Btw, my akai mpk 49 have the latest firmware.