Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-24, 12:40

makes me think of techN9Ne's new style
Old 2012-10-25, 04:44

I respect TechN9NE, he was indie before indie was possible. That man put in a ton of hard work, so to even be compared by any means to him is indeed a compliment. Thanks sh73888!
Old 2012-10-25, 06:09

that was fantastic... i imagined it with real smooth, laid back vocals to it... it'd be tight.

The bass sounded amazing. Did you compress the hell out of it or something?

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-25, 06:18

Wow thx Carl! (just looked) the bass guitar has a bit of heavy compression, added to the Vintage vibe preset for the Retro Reggae bass, but the kicks are from Maschine. To be honest, the bass guitar (after processing) didnt give the results I was looking for, so I had to tweak em. Some good EQ and a Ubik A with early reflections to be exact. It came out close but it worked I guess lol I dont do much in the way of calculations, I just go by ear, bass is my friend lolol
Old 2012-10-25, 06:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulElemental View Post
Some good EQ and a Ubik A with early reflections to be exact. It came out close but it worked I guess lol I dont do much in the way of calculations, I just go by ear, bass is my friend lolol
haha a lot of time i ask good producers how they got their mix so tight because i want to learn. Then they always say "Oh I just go by ear" and I'm like "Damn, that doesn't help!"

Bass sounds great, you don't need any calculations. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a clearer mix you know... little by little it's getting better but I still got a long way to go.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-25, 06:29

I've narrowed down first by narrowing down what I dont need in the sound. Get what u want out of it. The easiest way to start is by using the least amount of knobs. The LP and HP filters in the SSL. once u get a only the frequencies u can tolerate,, then boost closely what u can agree with. Solo constantly, and use the compressor and a clarifier, maybe like a magnifying glass as u will. I think the key here would be to get rid of what u dont want first, I have found learning about what u dont want is more key than twisting knobs until u find what u do want. ask anything u like, I have nothing to hide, I have learned everything I know from here and the internet, so its pretty much available to everyone...
Old 2012-10-25, 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulElemental View Post
I've narrowed down first by narrowing down what I dont need in the sound. Get what u want out of it. The easiest way to start is by using the least amount of knobs. The LP and HP filters in the SSL. once u get a only the frequencies u can tolerate,, then boost closely what u can agree with. Solo constantly, and use the compressor and a clarifier, maybe like a magnifying glass as u will. I think the key here would be to get rid of what u dont want first, I have found learning about what u dont want is more key than twisting knobs until u find what u do want. ask anything u like, I have nothing to hide, I have learned everything I know from here and the internet, so its pretty much available to everyone...
Yeah I like how you say focus on what you *don't* want... I'm gonna try that. I do most of my EQ with the SSL... it works great on vocals but I think I can do better.

THanks, man!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-25, 14:59

My pleasure sir. Spencer/Viking actually. I made the name not realizing I would have to also use it for the forum lol.