Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-24, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkeever View Post
No, I meant transpose, although I didn't realize until just now the Kontrol-49 doesn't have transport buttons either. That is lame.

When I say transpose, I mean +semitone and -semitone buttons.

So it is in fact in need of a little updating as I said originally.

It definitely needs a transport section, and also it would be easy enough to multitask the octave buttons to do transpose as well.
Just like on the Axiom you can transpose the keyboard by full octaves OR semitones. Transport functions can be assigned to the pads, like I do.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
Just like on the Axiom you can transpose the keyboard by full octaves OR semitones. Transport functions can be assigned to the pads, like I do.
How do you transpose then? What buttons do you press?
Is it the octave buttons? If so it's not labeled very well. It should say Octave/Transpose
if that is what it does.

And as far as assigning pads for transport, that might be a viable workaround for you, but at this point I wouldn't buy a controller without a transport section.

What if you are trying to record a drum track with the pads? You can't use them for transport and for drum triggers simultaneously. You would have to use the keyboard or mouse for transport and the pads for triggering.
When this keyboard was made, leaving out transport controls might've been perfectly acceptable and common, but today it's not, at least not for a keyboard that size. I can see if it were smaller. But then even the Oxygen-25 has transport controls. This is typically basic standard options on modern controllers, even inexpensive ones. So like I said, update the Kontrol49 with all the modern whistles and bells, and make a 61 key option.

End of story.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if they do this and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Korg has all the technology to beat the pants off of M-Audio and Akai in the full-size multi-functional keyboard controller range, but as of right now they don't even have a player in that arena. It's a shame.

Last edited by wkeever; 2012-10-24 at 23:00.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:58

Quote:
How do you transpose then? What buttons do you press?
Is it the octave buttons? If so it's not labeled very well. It should say Octave/Transpose
if that is what it does.
Yes, the octave shift buttons.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:04

Quote:
What if you are trying to record a drum track with the pads? You can't use them for transport and for drum triggers simultaneously. You would have to use the keyboard or mouse for transport and the pads for triggering.
When this keyboard was made, leaving out transport controls might've been perfectly acceptable and common, but today it's not, at least not for a keyboard that size. I can see if it were smaller. But then even the Oxygen-25 has transport controls.
Not a problem for me since I don't trigger drums and use transport at the same time (not enough hands), plus I use the padkontrol for pads not the keyboard mini pads. It clearly is not the keyboard for you, I think you should look elsewhere cuz I don't see Korg releasing a revised version of the Kontrol series. I could be wrong though.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
Not a problem for me since I don't trigger drums and use transport at the same time (not enough hands), plus I use the padkontrol for pads not the keyboard mini pads. It clearly is not the keyboard for you, I think you should look elsewhere cuz I don't see Korg releasing a revised version of the Kontrol series. I could be wrong though.
So you see them getting out of the full-size controller market alltogether then?

I mean, for back-pack sized controllers they dominate, but I just wish they had full-size as well. You don't see them ever making another one again?
Old 2012-10-24, 23:39

Quote:
So you see them getting out of the full-size controller market alltogether then?

I mean, for back-pack sized controllers they dominate, but I just wish they had full-size as well. You don't see them ever making another one again?
No idea. But I don't see them relaunching a series. But what do I know?
Old 2012-10-25, 00:07

Ok, here it is. The new Korg Kontrol-61. $599 USD retail.
All the features I want, and still plenty of room for Korg to add whatever other buttons and sliders they deem necessary. :-)

I just pre-ordered mine. j/k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Korg Kontrol-61.jpg (46.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by wkeever; 2012-10-25 at 00:33.
Old 2012-10-26, 00:02

Quote:
Ok, here it is. The new Korg Kontrol-61. $599 USD retail.
All the features I want, and still plenty of room for Korg to add whatever other buttons and sliders they deem necessary. :-)

I just pre-ordered mine. j/k
I can't believe no one has commented on my monstrosity of a keyboard controller. lol

I really would buy something like this in a heartbeat though.