Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-07-01, 01:54

Busses is definitely really needed on the mixer...
Old 2012-07-01, 11:38

Check out my vid on subgroups on youtube just type in (coldheartisalive )
you will find my vids hope i help
ps.it missing the vhd 2 an 3
Old 2012-09-21, 13:38

i just said the same thing...and it would b such an easy thing to do..although i am not a programmer...but the harrison has it and it is great...eight little buss buttons on the ssl mixer would save me hours of wiring.
Old 2012-09-21, 13:52

I'd like to see a combination of busses and fader groups. A good example for this is Pro Tools where you can either route your channels to an aux bus and/or group the channel faders so that they move together.

I also miss a trim function.
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-09-21, 18:36

+1 for groups/busses, but just not for the suggested implementation IMO.

I think that 8 bus buttons would be OK, but would be a slower way to patch groups than what I've previously suggested.
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=127316

My suggestion basically is to be able to select a range of tracks and hit a key command that groups them and sends them to a new Sub-Mix Channel (a new Channel type for the SSL mixer). This would be much faster than clicking on individual bus buttons and creating a new Mix Channel IMO, plus you can have as many busses as you like (no limits). Color-coded channel graphics tell you which tracks are grouped, but they also will be placed next to each other after grouping. Additionally, all Groups can be folded in the Mixer AND the sequencer, something that simple bus buttons won't necessarily add. And of course, fader groups are also created with the same command, but can be disabled if needed. And little things like 'ghost FX' issues and mute/solo confusion are totally solved as well (something else that bus buttons won't address).

Sometimes initiating hardware can be cool, sometimes it can just slow you down and clutter the existing interface (or require a total re-design). I'd love Reason to think ahead of the curve in this respect, instead of looking backwards for inspiration on how to implement grouping. :-)
USA
Old 2012-09-23, 03:12

I agree with you 100%
Old 2012-09-23, 05:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
My suggestion basically is to be able to select a range of tracks and hit a key command that groups them and sends them to a new Sub-Mix Channel (a new Channel type for the SSL mixer). This would be much faster than clicking on individual bus buttons and creating a new Mix Channel IMO, plus you can have as many busses as you like (no limits). Color-coded channel graphics tell you which tracks are grouped, but they also will be placed next to each other after grouping. Additionally, all Groups can be folded in the Mixer AND the sequencer, something that simple bus buttons won't necessarily add. And of course, fader groups are also created with the same command, but can be disabled if needed. And little things like 'ghost FX' issues and mute/solo confusion are totally solved as well (something else that bus buttons won't address).

Sometimes initiating hardware can be cool, sometimes it can just slow you down and clutter the existing interface (or require a total re-design). I'd love Reason to think ahead of the curve in this respect, instead of looking backwards for inspiration on how to implement grouping. :-)
This is how Live 8 does it and it's faster than doing it in any other DAW. I would love to see this feature implemented into Reason like this!

Ken
Old 2012-09-23, 06:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
+1 for groups/busses, but just not for the suggested implementation IMO.

I think that 8 bus buttons would be OK, but would be a slower way to patch groups than what I've previously suggested.
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=127316

I only anderstand some part of the technical things you are saying but it sound very logic and I got the basics of your point! so yes it sound better your way because I could do it and I'm not very good at all this ! bravo

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-10-04, 10:42

Groups/Busses are a must have!!!

really understand why they have not programmed groups ?!?!?!?!
Old 2012-10-26, 00:42

you have to make your own subgroups sorta like a protools mixer.