Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-26, 05:33

Upgrade Balance with built-in USB hub???

I'm currently using a hub to add MIDI to the tracks I'm playing on guitar via a Line6 interface. I don't have a Balance unit right now but it would be cool if they had a built in USB hub to track multiple MIDI instruments.

There are a few interfaces out there like the AKAI EIE Pro that have USB and audio.

This would be a great option to have more of a live feel. I realize that one can always multitrack or overdub but jamming live as a band in Reason (3 or more inputs at once) would be amazing. The idea that you could have 2 audio in and 2 or more MIDI in would be pretty amazing indeed!
Old 2012-10-26, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoon11 View Post
I'm currently using a hub to add MIDI to the tracks I'm playing on guitar via a Line6 interface. I don't have a Balance unit right now but it would be cool if they had a built in USB hub to track multiple MIDI instruments.

There are a few interfaces out there like the AKAI EIE Pro that have USB and audio.

This would be a great option to have more of a live feel. I realize that one can always multitrack or overdub but jamming live as a band in Reason (3 or more inputs at once) would be amazing. The idea that you could have 2 audio in and 2 or more MIDI in would be pretty amazing indeed!
I agree that would be niche to have.
so...
how do I upgrade mine?