Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-28, 02:24

Has this been fixed?

I just upgraded my computer to windows 8 and was thinking of purchasing Reason. I was reading the forums and there seems to be issues with those who have AMD processors (I have an AMD processor)but on the homepage I see the following statement:

"Windows 8 compatibility statement
Reason 6.5 and Reason Essentials 1.5 have been tested under Windows 8 and we have no indications of any problems."

http://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/

So I am a bit confused if the issue has been fixed or remains unsolved. Anyone have some insight on this?
Old 2012-10-28, 02:48

Some people are currently having problems on windows 8. I know it can be tempting, but usually it's best not to upgrade operating systems the day they're released since new problems often come up once a lot more people try them with a lot of different software.

Since you've already done it though, I'd say download the demo and see if it works for you. If not, hopefully a fix isn't far off, but since I don't know what the problem is exactly, I don't know how hard it is to fix or who needs to fix it. I saw a post from someone else about some kind of windows 7 compatibility mode I think in the "Pro" version of windows 8, and that seemed to help for them.

If the demo works for you though, then you should be fine because it's the same program, just with a few features (like exporting audio and opening songs) disabled.
Old 2012-11-01, 14:38

Not fixed yet
Old 2012-11-01, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by idsx View Post
I just upgraded my computer to windows 8 and was thinking of purchasing Reason. I was reading the forums and there seems to be issues with those who have AMD processors (I have an AMD processor)but on the homepage I see the following statement:

"Windows 8 compatibility statement
Reason 6.5 and Reason Essentials 1.5 have been tested under Windows 8 and we have no indications of any problems."

http://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/

So I am a bit confused if the issue has been fixed or remains unsolved. Anyone have some insight on this?
If you have an AMD based system, it will be best to wait until the maintenance upgrade of Reason due to be released any day now. Windows 8 is a solid and nice upgrade from 7 for the most part, but anyone having trouble with Reason are almost all on an AMD chipset.
Old 2012-11-04, 02:00

Not working for me yet :/.
Old 2012-11-04, 13:05

Of course everyone with an issue has signed up for beta to make sure the upcoming release fixes the amd issue
Old 2012-11-04, 20:55

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...1&postcount=49