Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-25, 17:08

yeah son im all over the place with my hip hop haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0G-...=results_video
possibly the tobago steel drums too... and 16th hh's going hard for the chorus will help speed the flow up.
feel that sub bass at the minute drop when the chorus comes. real subtle but real heavy. less is more with bass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAexjFrAzI
the twinkle lead is actually tubular bells high passed and high octave
note the string chords at the end of each 8bar phrase - think saxophone too...
and that sine wave osclead thats common with old school cali rap.. similar in cali love by 2pac
Old 2012-10-26, 21:27

so would you rather have midi or live sounds? like I've listened to instruments on logic and they have a great sound log but do you think I could get away with sounds coming off reason without having to buy third party plugs
Old 2012-10-27, 00:55

Dynamics

It is tight but dynamics changes would really make it more powerful. Variations on the intensity would make a huge difference. Changes in volume and activity. You can cut out some of the existing activity at less intense parts of the song alone, and that would make the rest seem more powerful at the focal points. Add different tones at parts that you want to be more emotionally charged too. Higher registers can intensify the listening experience. Keep it subtle and most listeners wouldn't know that you changed anything except that the song "feels" better to them.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:51

i feel what your saying what parts would you take out and when
Old 2012-10-28, 02:59

reason is more than capable as a standalone system. there are producers who release pro trance and house and hiphop with reason 3.0

so if you have 5 or 6 or 6.5 you have more than enough capability potentially but its how you use them effectively that makes or breaks the track. Ease of use comes into play and its potentially easier to effects chain a hardware moog synth than creating the equivalent with 3-5 synths stacked with dozens of effects for each to recreate such a sound. this becomes an issue with your cpu/ram etc.

anything can make anything - this is 100% true and it is possible to create a sony bmg hit record with reason 3.0
just look up daniel kandi - he is one of the best trance producers in the world now and he uses 3.0 or did for a long time - i am guessing he upgraded to 6.5 by now.

Logic is identical to reason, except they also let you use vsts - but reracks are the same as vsts so its comparable. logic is all inclusive though thats the reason people like the program - that and its the only real daw for mac only people. so the "hype" is a little bit based on the fact its simply the proprietary apple DAW - yes its also a great program but reason is a great program too.. different sound engine so slightly different flavor - but thats the same with fruity loops etc. i mean 3 6 mafia made an album in both reason and fruity loops previously.

my point is it takes 10,000hrs to master anything - at forty hours a wk thats 5yr of straight full time production - aka not possible so just do your thing, learn one new thing every day minimum and worry about learning the fine points of subtractive/graintable/fm synthesis and read ALOT about mixing/mastering etc. ask questions, everyone has their own way of doing things and theres definitely a good amount of bad info out there too so be weary.
Old 2012-10-28, 03:00

this is the fun part for you to decide bro!
Old 2012-10-29, 02:14

Oh yeah man I love reason I do everything in reason.. I think it's wack when I talk to people about music and they look at me funny because I use reason..

I like pro tools and logic ect but I would rather use reason I love how you can do what ever you want in it people still don't think I use reason to record

I will say logics stock sound is pretty good but it still lacks to what you can do in reason