Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-30, 17:23

Thanks for that pointer Something. Those point they discuss there I do understand; and I know that that type of file digital timestamp behaviour is not caused by a virus of any nature, but is the rusult of copying and relocating files via a copy/paste regimen.
The problem occurs with all files copied and pasted. But ... for example ... with Microsoft office documents ... the same thing occurs; but ... you are able to ascertain the proper creation dates of files when you enter the properties of the file once you've opened the file.
Should you have created a document in some version of Microsofte Office, and you open the file ... in word for instance; when you open the file menu; the digital properties of the document are revealed on the right side of that window, with an accurate reflection of the creation and modification dates. This doesn't occur in most other documents of that nature, including Reason or Record files.
Therein lies the problem of the faulty digital signature.