Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-30, 20:04

Reason changes the tempo of Logic Pro when opened

Hi all

Reason 6.5/Logic Pro 9.1.8 both running 64bit

For as long as i can remember when I open an already created project in Reason to run in rewire mode with an already created project in Logic the tempo of the already opened project in Logic changes tempo to match that of Reason.

For example...open project in Logic Pro then launch Reason and open reason project file and the tempo in Logic changes. The only way it doesn't happen is if I open Logic but don't load a project, then open Reason and load the Reason project then load Logic project.

Anyone else come across this?

Cheers

R
Old 2012-11-01, 05:21

I slave Reason to Pro Tools quite often and it's been a something I've dealt with for years! I've gotten so used to the quick readjustment that I stopped being bothered about it! Hopefully that will get fixed one year or another!

I will say that Rewire is soooooooo much better than it used to be. It's not perfect but it's getting pretty close. 8 or 9 years ago, using 2 apps via Rewire was a total pain in the ___!
Old 2012-11-01, 09:27

haha!! I know what you mean, it's happened ever since I have run Logic with Reason, which is also a few years! I just got fed up with it and thought I would put it out there and see if anyone solved it :-)

Thanks for the reply. I will just have to get used to launching the Reason Project first.. :-)

cheers

R

PS decided to send an email to support, just in case they don't know about - but I can't imagine thats as it has been around for so long..hopefully they can add it to to the Rewire bug list

Last edited by RemixBoy; 2012-11-01 at 09:37.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:32

Juno, just to update I had an email back from technical support about this. It reads as follows.

"The problem you have reported is actually down to how Logic handles ReWire. If it was a PH problem, they would have fixed it by now. It is down to Apple to resolve this I'm afraid."

So there you go except your on Pro Tools so according to PH it's Avid's fault. Software companies remind me of school kids..it his fault, his fault, his fault..nothing to do with me. You would think they could you know, actually communicate with each other and sort it out wouldn't you!!

cheers

R
Old 2012-11-02, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemixBoy View Post
"The problem you have reported is actually down to how Logic handles ReWire. If it was a PH problem, they would have fixed it by now. It is down to Apple to resolve this I'm afraid."

So there you go except your on Pro Tools so according to PH it's Avid's fault. Software companies remind me of school kids..it his fault, his fault, his fault..nothing to do with me.
Well in this case I think the Props are right.

I usually rewire Reason in Ableton Live and there I get the exact opposite behaviour; no matter what song I load into Reason the BPM always remains fixed to that of Live. SO if Live sits at 120bpm and I load a Reason song setup at 60bpm then it will load and the bpm remains at 120.

With that in mind your problem actually does seem to be caused by Logic.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

Old 2012-11-02, 14:58

If you had read the posts you know this affects Pro Tools as well as Logic - yes they both could be at fault but who knows because all you get is one tech support going not our fault..it's about time music software companies started working together to sort these problems out.