Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-31, 03:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by something View Post
Since i am mainly focused on creating house music (house, tech-house, trance, tribal, etc.) and 98% not need the ClipSafe feature provided in Propellerhead's Balance, i decided to order the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 because of its relatively affordable price and all the positive reviews and recommendations over the years, plus Focusrite is a reputable company for years while the Propellerhead Balance hardware is brand new in the market, thus not sure whether it's high quality or not.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2: 129 EURO
Propellerhead Balance: 359 EURO
------------------------------------------

Savings: 230 EURO ( $298 USD at the moment )

Propellerhead lost my money because there is no way for their current customers to buy Balance without Reason Essentials if you already have a Reason license.
I met Matthias from Propellerhead a few weeks ago and he said "You get Reason Essentials FREE with Balance" so they won't sell Balance on itself for a cheaper price without the Reason Essentials.
I'm sure they lose lots of money on this statement on people like me.

If you're new to Reason you can get 6.5 for $449 on its own.
Or you can get balance plus the update for $169 extra.
I did this so for $359 (ebay) I got balance plus the $169 upgrade gets me Reason 6.5 and an Audio interface. $528.
That means that Balance is effectively a $79 interface. That's a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

If you already have Reason 6.5 then it's waaaaaay overpriced. Look elsewhere.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackboy72 View Post
If you're new to Reason you can get 6.5 for $449 on its own.
Or you can get balance plus the update for $169 extra.
I did this so for $359 (ebay) I got balance plus the $169 upgrade gets me Reason 6.5 and an Audio interface. $528.
That means that Balance is effectively a $79 interface. That's a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

If you already have Reason 6.5 then it's waaaaaay overpriced. Look elsewhere.
Like i said, i already have Reason.....
Old 2012-10-31, 11:03

I have an AKA EIE usb card. It is both cool and disappointing.

Cool because it has 4 inputs (XLR/jack) 4 outputs and 4 inserts, MIDI I/O, and can be used as USB hub. Since it is USB i can switch it between my mac and my pc.

Disappointing because it has been sold to me as a 24 bits card and I got the 16 bits model and ASIAO4ALL doesn't work so well. I know the 24 bits model has its own driver, but I don't know how good it is.

I can't say anything useful about the audio output, it's decent for me but I don't have a very good audio setting. The inputs are ok, better than my Fender Mustang actually.