Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-31, 12:07

Controller for ssl mixer

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is any hardware that could be used as a hands on controller for the ssl mixer in reason 6.5? I've seen things like bcr2000 but it very limited.
I have a budget of £500 and would appreciate your help and suggestions.

Please don't shoot me down if this has already been covered, I did search but didn't come up with anything suitable.

Thanks.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:13

might not be so hands on but rstouch in the app store is what i use
Old 2012-10-31, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKeeza View Post
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is any hardware that could be used as a hands on controller for the ssl mixer in reason 6.5? I've seen things like bcr2000 but it very limited.

Please don't shoot me down if this has already been covered, I did search but didn't come up with anything suitable.

Thanks.
I have an M-Audio Projectmix IO it works awesomely with the mixer. But i have a feeling M-Audio soon wil announce a new controller that will replace the Projectmix IO. So..
Old 2012-10-31, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by combo View Post
might not be so hands on but rstouch in the app store is what i use
So with your budget you could get an ipad and rstouch

possibly not the solution you're after though!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-31, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
I have an M-Audio Projectmix IO it works awesomely with the mixer. But i have a feeling M-Audio soon wil announce a new controller that will replace the Projectmix IO. So..
I have used it and works fantastic, such a nice piece of kit!
Old 2012-10-31, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
How did you get it to work? did you have to program/write a map for it yourself?

Just I'm asking as I have a digidesign 003 (bassically same hardware repackaged) and would love to get it workin in reason

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-31, 18:57

I'm sure there are a few reason users that would swear by Panorama P4. I know it's not just a mixer but the faders and rest of the features seem to link in pretty well with the SSL.
The only reason I haven't bought it is because I'm not sure it would help my particular workflow
Old 2012-10-31, 19:26

I'm using two BCF2000s which I think provide more utility for the SSL than the BCR2000. Gives me the motorized faders and I have it programmed to pan/solo/mute each channel which is about all I want in a controller. I could see the BCR2000 having the ability to control the comps or EQs in each channel which could be beneficial. I think the best controller for you will probably depend on your workflow.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:39

I use the Mackie MCU Pro + 2 Extenders. Gives me complete control!

New hit single now on iTunes. I co-wrote, co-produced, and mixed it all in Reason 7 - "Shine" (Diamonded Up) by Sonny
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sh...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

VEVO:
Video on VEVO and world-wide Video outlets: http://vevo.ly/EcW39o

On Soundcloud:
Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by BeatmakerEI; 2012-10-31 at 19:52.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKeeza View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks.
Nektar's Panorama P4. In fact, you get two controllers for the price of one!