Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2006-01-01, 01:37

Leslie (Rotary Speaker) Emulation in Reason...

Does anyone know how i can get a leslie-ish sounding effect going in Reason? With so many great rhodes and various ep patches (especially in the Electromechanical Refill 2.0) i'd love to know if anyone has had success in getting a rotary speaker or an auto-wah type effect going? Especially tempo synced, if possible... I traded in my xv-3080 so i could buy reason 3 and I really miss the patch "psycho rhodes". Thats the sound i'm looking for if any of you are familiar with roland sound modules. Any help would be GREATLY apreciated!!

Old 2006-01-01, 19:20

Re: Leslie (Rotary Speaker) Emulation in Reason...

Sam Spastic made a nice Combi (Gnorpf did the skin) a while ago. Works by running the pattern devices in the Combi, too - pretty cool.

I think you can get it from CombiHQ; if not let me know and I can email it to you. It's called "Leslieator".
Old 2012-11-01, 16:14

Leslie Rotating Cabinet Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post

Sam Spastic made a nice Combi (Gnorpf did the skin) a while ago. Works by running the pattern devices in the Combi, too - pretty cool.

I think you can get it from CombiHQ; if not let me know and I can email it to you. It's called "Leslieator".
Where can i find this Patch? I've been looking and cant find it anywhere/

Please let me know.
Rick
Old 2012-11-01, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM3107 View Post
Does anyone know how i can get a leslie-ish sounding effect going in Reason? With so many great rhodes and various ep patches (especially in the Electromechanical Refill 2.0) i'd love to know if anyone has had success in getting a rotary speaker or an auto-wah type effect going? Especially tempo synced, if possible... I traded in my xv-3080 so i could buy reason 3 and I really miss the patch "psycho rhodes". Thats the sound i'm looking for if any of you are familiar with roland sound modules. Any help would be GREATLY apreciated!!
There's an auto-wha in the Factory Sound Bank modeled after the original Cry Baby - it's called "Don't Cry, Baby".

[shameless plug mode ON:]
Then there's my B3-Leslie ReFill that includes a meticulously modeled 147 Leslie that works in stand-alone mode. Since the LFOs used for the rotors are in Thor, you can early make them tempo synced (but the speed up/slow down part won't work correctly with sync'ed LFOs). :-)
USA
Old 2012-11-01, 19:09

+1 for selig's refill. It's awesome.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post

Thanks Everyone! definately helpful.