Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-02, 18:29

Novation SL Mk 2 -Automap mixer mode: How do you select next 8 channels?

I have the latest Automap 4.4 which has control for the mixer which is great, but how do I select the next strip of mixer channels, only the first 8 seem to be active?

Im using the Novation SL MK 2 keboard controller.

Thanks,
Old 2012-11-03, 09:09

Anyone, someone?
Old 2012-11-03, 11:55

Did you try using

control+alt+1
control+alt+2
control+alt+3... and so on?

Depending on the devices you need using and making active the different pages within remote control this combinaton of keys make active the different pages attached to your controller on remote control.
It is the manual but it also took me a while to find it out...
It works in the same way with any controller having the chance on keeping/saving "pages" and it also will depend on the number of parameters to control on any device, so more parameters on the device more pages it will have...!
Hope it helps
Old 2012-11-03, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by inakito View Post
Did you try using

control+alt+1
control+alt+2
control+alt+3... and so on?

Depending on the devices you need using and making active the different pages within remote control this combinaton of keys make active the different pages attached to your controller on remote control.
It is the manual but it also took me a while to find it out...
It works in the same way with any controller having the chance on keeping/saving "pages" and it also will depend on the number of parameters to control on any device, so more parameters on the device more pages it will have...!
Hope it helps
Hi.

Thanks for your reply, I dont understand what ctrl+alt 1,2,3 should do, and how its linked to this problem, can you please explain further?

In the map for the SL mixer I have 9 pages for it, in all 9 pages the mixer accounts only for 8 channels, I need to access more than 8, so am wondering if there is a button assigned somehow to select the next 8 channels of the mixer. I cant see why anyone would asume your only going to use upto 8 tracks so I think there must be a way. Unfortunatly there is no manual that I can find in how the mixer map was made to funtion?

Thanks again.
Old 2012-11-03, 12:25

Find 'Next 8 Remote Base Channel' option in the additional remote override mode
(or add line with this command to the remotemap if you can)
Old 2012-11-03, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljekio View Post
Find 'Next 8 Remote Base Channel' option in the additional remote override mode
(or add line with this command to the remotemap if you can)
Hi.

Thanks At the moment it says its assigned to Bank up, what button is that on my keyboard. Also if I do overide im left with a list of buttons idetified by numbers, how do I know which button is what?

Thanks.
Old 2012-11-03, 12:40

Quote:
Thanks At the moment it says its assigned to Bank up, what button is that on my keyboard.
Use Bank up button if you want or remap it in Automap interface.
Old 2012-11-03, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectro View Post
Hi.

Thanks for your reply, I dont understand what ctrl+alt 1,2,3 should do, and how its linked to this problem, can you please explain further?

In the map for the SL mixer I have 9 pages for it, in all 9 pages the mixer accounts only for 8 channels, I need to access more than 8, so am wondering if there is a button assigned somehow to select the next 8 channels of the mixer. I cant see why anyone would asume your only going to use upto 8 tracks so I think there must be a way. Unfortunatly there is no manual that I can find in how the mixer map was made to funtion?

Thanks again.
Lets say you would like to control a device in Reason with a midi controller than has less knobs and sliders than the device to control. Then you will need banks or pages in order to deal with this problem right?
In order to go from bank number 1(default) to bank number 2 you need pressing: control + alt + 2
If you choose the option remote override edit mode you will see a yellow button on every paremeter already mapped, so in most of the cases you will see most of the parametes from the device if not all, marked with a yellow button meaning this parameter is already attached to a knob or slider on your controller using the remote technology.
As an example on my MPD26 by default when controlling the 14 channel mixer from Reason, sliders 1-6 from my controller are mapped to the channels 1-6(volume ammount) on the mixer, and knobs 1-6 on my controller are mapped to the channels 1-6 pan control from the mixer.
If I press control+alt+2 I will start controlling channels 7-12 and their pan( becouse this is bank 2). If I press then control+alt+3( bank 3) I will have the same control as in bank 1 but instead of using the knobs for panning I am using them to control the send 1 amount from channels 1-6 and so on...
The good thing about that is that editing the remote text files you can choose what parameters are controlled on every different bank.

Last edited by inakito; 2012-11-03 at 13:32.
Old 2012-11-03, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljekio View Post
Use Bank up button if you want or remap it in Automap interface.
I see yes its easyer to assign it in Automap UI, but I have no buttons left, I guess il have to use the drum pads.

Thanks for the help.
Old 2012-11-03, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by inakito View Post
Lets say you would like to control a device in Reason with a midi controller than has less knobs and sliders than the device to control. Then you will need banks or pages in order to deal with this problem right?
In order to go from bank number 1(default) to bank number 2 you need pressing: control + alt + 2
If you choose the option remote override edit mode you will see a yellow button on every paremeter already mapped, so in most of the cases you will see most of the parametes from the device if not all, marked with a yellow button meaning this parameter is already attached to a knob or slider on your controller using the remote technology.
As an example on my MPD26 by default when controlling the 14 channel mixer from Reason, sliders 1-6 from my controller are mapped to the channels 1-6(volume ammount) on the mixer, and knobs 1-6 on my controller are mapped to the channels 1-6 pan control from the mixer.
If I press control+alt+2 I will start controlling channels 7-12 and their pan( becouse this is bank 2). If I press then control+alt+3( bank 3) I will have the same control as in bank 1 but instead of using the knobs for panning I am using them to control the send 1 amount from channels 1-6 and so on...
The good thing about that is that editing the remote text files you can choose what parameters are controlled on every different bank.
Thanks for the explanation. For some reason Ctrl+alt+1,2,3 dont do anything, and I see no yellow buttons in automap shown. Some buttons are not even shown on the automap UI for my device which is a shame. If that command did work, I cant put it into the key assign within the automap UI anyway, it wont do it. Looks like bank up/down works, but I have no buttons to assign it to. Im going to have to look into if I can make the drum pads be non sesitive, and act more like buttons.

Thanks.