Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-01, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250-ohm are classed as reference headphones and claim better than 20 dB of isolation. I've had a pair for 16 years. Great sound and very comfortable. I finally had to retire them from studio use--the drivers are worn out--but I still use them daily in my medical transcription business. They retail for around $200 USD.

HTH,

Richard
You cannot go wrong with those...
Much more comfy than my Sennheiser HD380 Pro...
Old 2012-11-02, 03:09

I've never tried them but they only have 44ohms and the Senns have 64. Also, people report that they click when you move and get hot after a few hours of use.. I agree the Senns are very tight but my ears only start hurting after 6+ hours. They do very well at canceling out outside noise.
When it comes down to it, all that matters is what sounds/feels good to you.

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/
Old 2012-11-02, 06:05

Sony MDR-7506 are worth a try. Used by David Gilmour, lots of studios in San Francisco, and me (with immense enjoyment).
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2012-11-02, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerski View Post
I've never tried them but they only have 44ohms and the Senns have 64. Also, people report that they click when you move and get hot after a few hours of use.. I agree the Senns are very tight but my ears only start hurting after 6+ hours. They do very well at canceling out outside noise.
When it comes down to it, all that matters is what sounds/feels good to you.
Are you referring to the Shures? Yes, they do click when you move. It never really bothered me before, but NOW it will! :-)

I must just learn to sit perfectly still ...

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2012-11-02, 21:58

Keep in mind that high price means nothing. Like any gear, there is often better stuff at lower prices than you'd think, which is why I ended up with the KRK Rokit 5s and Sennheiser HD280 pro headphones.

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/
Old 2012-11-02, 22:41

The ATH-M50s are pretty superb they have a decently flat response and good isolation and most importantly in my opinion they are actually comfortable to wear.
Old 2012-11-02, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnstein View Post
The ATH-M50s are pretty superb they have a decently flat response and good isolation and most importantly in my opinion they are actually comfortable to wear.
I have ATH-M30's and I forget I'm wearing them despite the good isolation. I understand the ATH M50's are even better in sound and build quality terms so I'll probably be going with those next.
I live in Lancashire, England.