Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-01, 15:44

Reason reads no HW interface?

Hello Propheads,

Last week I bought Reason Essentials and after huge installation duties and dito licenses I got the software running. Reason reads some midi and i got it working with protools 8 on my Mac 10.6.
However, in "preferences" I can't set my Hardware interface. I can only choose "Buit-in input/built in output". When I put Reason in its standalone version, I sometimes can choose "HW 002 interface" (which I prefer). But when I choose this, Reason won't accept it, and turns to the first setting. What am i doing wrong or don't see?

Thanx
Artvark68
Old 2012-11-01, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvark68 View Post
Hello Propheads,

Last week I bought Reason Essentials and after huge installation duties and dito licenses I got the software running. Reason reads some midi and i got it working with protools 8 on my Mac 10.6.
However, in "preferences" I can't set my Hardware interface. I can only choose "Buit-in input/built in output". When I put Reason in its standalone version, I sometimes can choose "HW 002 interface" (which I prefer). But when I choose this, Reason won't accept it, and turns to the first setting. What am i doing wrong or don't see?

Thanx
Artvark68
Your running Reason in slave mode (another daw is the host) you should set everything in the master.

If you dont rewire make sure you installed the correct drivers, without them your nowhere, goto the manufacturers website and get the latest drivers, follow the instructions to the letter and everything will be ok.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:51
Propellerhead

artvark68: Sounds like you have a external audio interface for your Mac (a Digi 002?) and the driver fails often.

First thing to do is look for a updated driver for the audio interface, at the maker's website.

If new drivers don't solve it, and you are running Reason in 64-bit mode, you may have better luck if you start Reason in 32-bit mode. Mac OS X audio drivers have separate components for 64-bit and 32-bit operation, and some only have 32-bit, and also sometimes one works better than the other.
Old 2012-11-02, 08:51

Thanx for reply, I will look for a driver update.
The chalange is getting bigger now I wanted to update to 1.5 essentials. After 5 hours of downloading the file wont open because " I don;t have the permission" to do so. Worse, the whole program 1.0 has left the building! I know, i'm not a whizzkid, i'm a musician, but installation in general wasn't the case un till now. (I launched superiour drummer, Ik Multimedia, Waves bundle, Stylus, not a problem).
So I tried my reason 1.0 cd/dvd again and now told me also that I haven't got the permission. Does authorizer doing it;s job? Don't know in which direction I have to think.

Thanx again.
Old 2012-11-05, 16:04
Propellerhead

What steps do you take to install the program?

These are the typical steps on Mac:

1. Make sure you got the full download of Reason Essentials 1.5.1. It is 2 Gbytes including sound bank. There is a "update" download for users of version 1.5, that excludes the sound bank, which is identical since Essentials 1.5.

2. Uninstall the previous version of Reason Essentials from Applications by putting it in the trash using the Finder. Alternatively, rename the folder so that it is called "Reason Essentals 1.0" or something.

3. Mount the disk image or insert the DVD.

4. Drag the Reason Essentials folder from the .dmg or DVD, to Applications.

5. Start Reason Essentials from the installed copy under Applications

Note: As you start Reason Essentials for the first time, it asks you for administrator permissions to finish the installation.

PS. You can get the installation manual here:
http://dl.propellerheads.se/ReasonEs...n%20Manual.pdf