Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Virtual Midi Cable ??
essential, we need it ! 10 37.04%
nonsense, no need for that ! 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2012-11-05, 14:55
digthatbeat's Avatar
digthatbeat digthatbeat is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 160
Actually you need polyphonic CV cables. It is strange, that combinator itself working in polyphony. At the moment you can play notes from two matrixes on one instrument, but that instrument needs to be inside combinator - one matrix sends cv and gates to combinator and other to instrument itself.

There is another way of semi polyphonic signal sending through arpeggiator. Switch arpeggiators button "ON" of and from arpeggiator gates on and cv coming out lke on polyphonic machines, just gates off not working properly.

You can separate low notes from hi notes of the cord as well by using arpeggiator.
  #12  
Old 2012-11-05, 15:20
devilfish's Avatar
devilfish devilfish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by digthatbeat View Post
At the moment you can play notes from two matrixes on one instrument, but that instrument needs to be inside combinator - one matrix sends cv and gates to combinator and other to instrument itself.
Jesus

that works ? in poly mode ? i can play 2 notes at the same time ?


thank you!
too bad that is not possible with 3 notes,
at least something

---------------------------------------

okay i have another question:

if i had a redrum in the combinator,
how is it possible to skip the Midi-Note transfere to it,
when I play the combinator with a midi keyboard ??

i woukld like to use the redrum as trigger,
but it receives midi notes.. but redrum should not do this..
where I have to remove the cable here? (there is no visible cable to remove?!)
or how can i solve the problem ??
  #13  
Old 2012-11-05, 15:31
JoshuaPhilgarlic's Avatar
JoshuaPhilgarlic JoshuaPhilgarlic is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by digthatbeat View Post
At the moment you can play notes from two matrixes on one instrument, but that instrument needs to be inside combinator - one matrix sends cv and gates to combinator and other to instrument itself.
And again Reason is surprising . Thanks for the hint !

Anyway, polyphonic CV or virtual Midi-cables would be a great feature.
__________________
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
  #14  
Old 2012-11-05, 15:41
joeyluck's Avatar
joeyluck joeyluck is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,518
Reason devices use WIDI (Wireless MIDI)
  #15  
Old 2012-11-05, 15:42
joeyluck's Avatar
joeyluck joeyluck is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,518
Speaking of... Has anyone ever used the WIDI devices from CME?
  #16  
Old 2012-11-05, 16:17
Exowildebeest Exowildebeest is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
Jesus

that works ? in poly mode ? i can play 2 notes at the same time ?


thank you!
too bad that is not possible with 3 notes,
at least something

---------------------------------------

okay i have another question:

if i had a redrum in the combinator,
how is it possible to skip the Midi-Note transfere to it,
when I play the combinator with a midi keyboard ??

i woukld like to use the redrum as trigger,
but it receives midi notes.. but redrum should not do this..
where I have to remove the cable here? (there is no visible cable to remove?!)
or how can i solve the problem ??
Uncheck 'recieve midi notes' for the Redrum in the Combinator programmer.
  #17  
Old 2012-11-06, 08:37
devilfish's Avatar
devilfish devilfish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exowildebeest View Post
Uncheck 'recieve midi notes' for the Redrum in the Combinator programmer.
Ohh .. I see it's easy^^
The programmer can therefore even more, as only assign knobs.
maybe I should even read the manual...
it seems like there is still one or two very useful tricks in, for me

thank you!
  #18  
Old 2012-11-06, 15:03
rogerlevy rogerlevy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,899
If "MIDI" connections can be done without cables, it's better. My racks get cluttered enough. Besides, they can't add this feature in retrospect, they would have to redesign every last device. Waste of development time.

They could add it as a feature of the Combinator. "Receive MIDI from Device" dropdown on each device.
  #19  
Old 2012-11-06, 18:48
selig's Avatar
selig selig is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlevy View Post
If "MIDI" connections can be done without cables, it's better. My racks get cluttered enough. Besides, they can't add this feature in retrospect, they would have to redesign every last device. Waste of development time.

They could add it as a feature of the Combinator. "Receive MIDI from Device" dropdown on each device.
Considering that to me it seems (almost) obvious that they WILL re-design every last device to make them compatible with the Rack Extensions format (reading between the lines on that, to be sure), then it's already "wasted development time" (or it's not wasted development time, depending on your point of view!).

But I also agree that this could be addressed by a new Combinator, and that this is also where any "note based" effects could be implemented IMO (which is how I've felt for a while now). :-)
__________________
Giles Reaves, aka 'selig'
Audio Illusionist, Musical Technologist
Selig Audio, LLC
USA
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help gettin Reason 6 to recognise MIDI ports SuperFuzzedx General Forum (read only) 1 2012-01-21 00:38
sync Reason 5 from external midi clock :: AKAI MPD32 (USB) mossing Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2011-03-10 11:30
Any MIDI Yoke NT users out there...PLEASE HELP! Muzak General Forum (read only) 6 2009-12-01 01:33
Syncing FruityLoops 3.5.6 with Reason 2.5 using MIDI Yoke NT Muzak Phead User Forum (read only) 10 2008-10-18 10:31
reason vs. protools: battle for midi supremacy scientist General Forum (read only) 2 2002-07-19 18:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:35.