Propellerhead Software
Old 2007-07-28, 15:40
matan92

using virtual keyboars

i downloaded RemPro's "live midi keyboard" but i dont know how to use it with reason 3 (use it instead of a real midi keyboard in reason 3)
Old 2007-07-28, 20:52

RemPro Software Advanced Live Midi Keyboard I

: i downloaded RemPro's "live midi keyboard" but i dont know how to use it with reason 3 (use it instead of a real midi keyboard in reason 3)
:

I've never used this one, but if it works like every other MIDI out windows application, then you'll need to install MIDI-OX to get internal virtual MIDI on your computer.

You'll have to set the MIDI out of the virtual MIDI keyboard to "MIDI Yoke NT: 1"

Then, in Reason, you'll add a generic midi controller and set the MIDI in port also to "MIDI Yoke NT: 1"

Now, you can use the virtual keyboard to play Reason devices.

The only problem with external virtual MIDI keyboards is that you need to keep the window focus to the virtual keyboard application while playing. This make doesn't help when you're trying to play and tweak Reason knobs/sliders at the same time, but... it's better than nothing

The best solution would be to have a built-in virtual keyboard, as the screenshot above suggests (made by John[?])
RemPro Software
Old 2007-07-29, 03:01
matan92

Re: RemPro Software Advanced Live Midi Keyboard I

: : i downloaded RemPro's "live midi keyboard" but i dont know how to use it with reason 3 (use it instead of a real midi keyboard in reason 3)
: :
:
: I've never used this one, but if it works like every other MIDI out windows application, then you'll need to install MIDI-OX to get internal virtual MIDI on your computer.
:
: You'll have to set the MIDI out of the virtual MIDI keyboard to "MIDI Yoke NT: 1"
:
: Then, in Reason, you'll add a generic midi controller and set the MIDI in port also to "MIDI Yoke NT: 1"
:
: Now, you can use the virtual keyboard to play Reason devices.
:
: The only problem with external virtual MIDI keyboards is that you need to keep the window focus to the virtual keyboard application while playing. This make doesn't help when you're trying to play and tweak Reason knobs/sliders at the same time, but... it's better than nothing
:
: The best solution would be to have a built-in virtual keyboard, as the screenshot above suggests (made by John[?])

1)who is john [?] and how do i get his
built in keybord.
2)in the rempro site it says the the live midi keyboard 2 will be out next year. how is this possible that its in the screeshot
Old 2007-07-29, 04:06

So, did you get it to work ? That's the important thing.

: 1)who is john [?] and how do i get his
: built in keybord.

LOL, dunno (notice the [?] there)

The site mentions it, that's all.
Old 2007-07-29, 17:42
matan92

.different one

i eventually downloaded a different keyboard because the live midi keyboard stoped working. i am now using bome's "mouse keyboard" and it is working just fine. i installed it with no diffculty at all thanks to screenshots that showed the process.
thank you for your help anyway.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:09

Press F4 in Reason 6
Old 2012-11-07, 07:27

How the hell does this work?

Is this a "Rack Extension"? In Reason 3?
Old 2012-11-07, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshdukai
The only problem with external virtual MIDI keyboards is that you need to keep the window focus to the virtual keyboard application while playing.
The app "Virtual MIDI Controller" has a button to retain key input even if it doesn't have focus. It allows you to do the tweaking that you mention.

http://www.soundcosoftware.com/products.htm
Old 2012-11-07, 22:43

Ah, you certainly know that this thread is from 2007 ???
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…