Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-29, 17:35

Reason 6.5 won't pick up my MIDI Keyboard

This is the second time EVER it's happened in the whole time of me using Reason software (from 4 to 6.5). It's only the second time, but it's a major annoyance when it has happened.

I have an iMac OS X 10.8.1. I use Reason 6.5 and the MIDI keyboard I use is an M-Audio KeyStudio 49 (which is a USB plug in and play Keyboard, no extra power necessary).

I have a pretty straight forward set up, It's connected directly into the back of my iMac and the cables fine because I've used multiple cables and Garageband, which I used just to see if it picked up the signal, did actually pick up the signal and it worked fine.

I've gone through the preferences on Reason and try to trigger off a signal for it to pick up which it just can't seem to find.

I've reset my computer multiple times and still nothing, please help as I have deadlines to meet and I don't see the point on buying a new MIDI keyboard if it works in other software?

Boofy
Old 2012-10-29, 17:42

Operation Manual (English version), page 463 - "Setting up", especially page 464 -> "If your control surface model isn’t listed".
Old 2012-11-08, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowboofy View Post
This is the second time EVER it's happened in the whole time of me using Reason software (from 4 to 6.5). It's only the second time, but it's a major annoyance when it has happened.

I have an iMac OS X 10.8.1. I use Reason 6.5 and the MIDI keyboard I use is an M-Audio KeyStudio 49 (which is a USB plug in and play Keyboard, no extra power necessary).

I have a pretty straight forward set up, It's connected directly into the back of my iMac and the cables fine because I've used multiple cables and Garageband, which I used just to see if it picked up the signal, did actually pick up the signal and it worked fine.

I've gone through the preferences on Reason and try to trigger off a signal for it to pick up which it just can't seem to find.

I've reset my computer multiple times and still nothing, please help as I have deadlines to meet and I don't see the point on buying a new MIDI keyboard if it works in other software?

Boofy
I have the exact same problem although I’m using an old Yamaha CS1x keyboard as my controller on my iMac and the midi in/out are connected to my Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1. I’ve tried to allow Reason to find the midi input automatically which it does receive information but the program itself does nothing and the same applies when I try the manual setup. In the meantime my work around is that I open Reason 6.5 as a Rewired instrument within Logic Pro p and it works fine without any issues. There are a few steps you have to take to get sounds out but once done it works fine. If you have Logic Pro 9 and would like me to tell you the steps I’ll be glad to lend a helping hand.