Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-08, 20:37

Wink Balance - How to Remove Codemeter "drive"?

How can I remove/delete Codemeter?

I understand that it's necessary as a Dongle for Reason. However I don't actually use Reason and it is really annoying that it appears as a drive in Finder and especially because it throws an error message everytime I disconnect the USB cable to Balance.

I'd appreciate any help on this?
Old 2012-11-09, 07:15

I've never had to get rid of it since I do use Reason, but I would think that deleting the Codemeter program in Applications would stop it. Does that not work?
Old 2012-11-09, 09:00
Propellerhead

If the CM stick/Ignition Key shows up in Finder, you've got the wrong CodeMeter kernel extension installed.

You can go ahead and uninstall CodeMeter, but please note that it will re-install if you launch Reason.

Go to your Reason application folder.
Right-click the Reason application and select "Show Package Contents"
Locate "CmUninstall.app" in the /Contents/Resources/ folder in the Reason package.
Double-click "CmUninstall.app" to run the app and enter your admin password if prompted.
Click "Remove" to remove all CodeMeter files installed by the original installer.

Cheers,
John B
Old 2012-11-09, 18:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Go to your Reason application folder.
Right-click the Reason application and select "Show Package Contents"
Locate "CmUninstall.app" in the /Contents/Resources/ folder in the Reason package.
Double-click "CmUninstall.app" to run the app and enter your admin password if prompted.
Click "Remove" to remove all CodeMeter files installed by the original installer.
Thanks for this. However I haven't actually installed Reason. Does this mean I have to install Reason to use the uninstaller for the Codemeter? Really?
Old 2012-11-09, 19:15
Propellerhead

CodeMeter is installed if you've ever launched Reason/Essentials.

There is an uninstaller in the Reason package, but you could also download the CodeMeter Runtime Kit directly from Wibu and uninstall from there:
http://www.wibu.com/en/downloads-user-software.html

Cheers,
/John B