Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-12, 19:40
tobby

Spider Audio Merger does not work

Hi, I do suddenly have a problem: my Spider Audio Merger does not work anymore. I try to merge
2 or 3 synths, but to no avail: just one sound is to be heard. I do have Reason 5 (I already updated it),
and I use Oxygen 25 and/or Keystation 61es (both from M-Audio) as controllers.
Is it problably my Laptop ? But why now ? In the past I remember it working properly.
Does anyone have an idea ? I would appreciate it very much indeed.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobby View Post
Hi, I do suddenly have a problem: my Spider Audio Merger does not work anymore. I try to merge
2 or 3 synths, but to no avail: just one sound is to be heard. I do have Reason 5 (I already updated it),
and I use Oxygen 25 and/or Keystation 61es (both from M-Audio) as controllers.
Is it problably my Laptop ? But why now ? In the past I remember it working properly.
Does anyone have an idea ? I would appreciate it very much indeed.
Never seen or heard about this bug, but just in case, have you got the latest R5 update, 5.0.1? Download it here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/downlo...on=displaymain
Old 2012-11-12, 20:25

If you have 2-3 synths, not inside a Combinator, you can only trigger the one highlighted in the sequencer with your MIDI controllers, unless they all receiving data via the sequencer. Since you did mention your controllers, this rather seems the issue here to me, than a non-working device for audio routing.

Old 2012-11-13, 02:26
tobby

Yes I know that. But in my case I used the Audio-Spider (Merger and Splitter), and this is supposed to do the trick, namely to merge up to 4 devices and make it possible to hear all of them when triggered by midi controller. Which does not work from a reason or another. In my case it does sound just the one which is being highlighted.
Old 2012-11-13, 02:28
tobby

Yes, I did, but no success that far. I am completely discombobulated. It did work though, I mean to recall.
Old 2012-11-13, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotica View Post
If you have 2-3 synths, not inside a Combinator, you can only trigger the one highlighted in the sequencer with your MIDI controllers, unless they all receiving data via the sequencer. Since you did mention your controllers, this rather seems the issue here to me, than a non-working device for audio routing.
What he said.. And do u have a line mixer hooked up to the devices?? If not, do it.. If so, you have to have the devices set to "Receive Notes" in the combinators display box (bottom left). Hope this helps

Last edited by lilgeez; 2012-11-13 at 02:42.
Old 2012-11-13, 04:59
tobby

It is not the combinator I am talking about, but the Spider Audio Merger. When I am trying to merge 2 to 4 synths I do hear just the highlighted one. And that is not suppossed to happen. When you merge 3 synths, for instance, you should be able to hear all of them on one single channel of the mixer. I do hear only one. It's annoying.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:27

Quote:
It is not the combinator I am talking about, but the Spider Audio Merger. When I am trying to merge 2 to 4 synths I do hear just the highlighted one. And that is not suppossed to happen. When you merge 3 synths, for instance, you should be able to hear all of them on one single channel of the mixer. I do hear only one. It's annoying.
Tobbs!! Chillout man you cannot play one device and have them all play simultaneously unless you add them to a combinator.. U only hear the combined output from the merger. You can only input notes from the highlighted synth, unless they are combined in a combinator. I suggest you search youtube or the site's "Subtance" tab to get a grip on this..
Old 2012-11-13, 05:27

Quote:
When I am trying to merge 2 to 4 synths I do hear just the highlighted one. And that is not suppossed to happen. When you merge 3 synths, for instance, you should be able to hear all of them on one single channel of the mixer. I do hear only one. It's annoying.
But are they all actually playing notes? Only the highlighted synth receives notes. If you want multiple synths to receive notes at the same time, you need to put them all inside a Combinator.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:35

https://www.propellerheads.se/substa...&CountTotal=69 Here's a link.. Scroll down to Combinator part 1