Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-12, 22:16

Control Surface Updates

I would behoove Properllarhead to have updates for new controllers.
I have had an AKAI MPKmini for almost 2 years. I have upgraded Reason twice, and still no control surface for it. Not cool.

on Facebook
Old 2012-11-12, 23:01

Might be worth contacting akai as I don't think it's necessarily down to propellerheads to create the remote map for it.
Just out of interest do you have the knobs mapped anywhere on a saved template or map them as you go along? Only asking as I have the LPD8 (which I haven't used in a while) but figure i can put them pots to good use somewhere
Old 2012-11-13, 00:59

The problem right now is that its an interconnection of responsibilities ^^ The RE developers introduce new elements to be remote controlled. Is the remote control creator responsible for adapting to all REs? Or should the RE developers contact every remote control developer?

You see the Props managed to put themselves a bit in a corner with this I think so they are just wisely saying not much about it
Old 2012-11-13, 12:51

I think midi control mapping needs to be looked at as well.
I have an AKAI MPK61, and while some of the global default controls are nice, and do work with Reason's devices (even though Reason calls my unit the MPK49), RE's are BLANK. And if I map sliders to a new RE, I LOSE the global mappings that work with the Reason synths. Very lame, very frustrating. You should be able to map your controller to a rack device, then SAVE the settings GLOBALLY so the next time you make that rack device, it remembers settings specific to that device.

EDIT: It recently came to my attention that not only did Rob Papen create a downloadable midi map template for Predator, but there's also a way to edit Reason's global midi mapping!! Unbelievable.

Reason REMOTE:

http://www.propellerheads.se/substan...article=part33

Last edited by alternating.bit; 2012-11-13 at 14:35.
Old 2012-11-14, 06:30

Well, there may we a way to edit, but I sure don't get it... I'm so confused, and I just downloaded the Korg Polysix and it's the same deal... no mapping.
Old 2012-11-14, 06:56

I have an akaimpk25 and it works just fine. In previous versions, the mpk25 wasn't detected without custom files being installed, so i would just select the mpk49 model and it worked the same... =)

I bet it works, youre just doing something wrong
Old 2012-11-14, 06:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by campekenobi View Post
I think midi control mapping needs to be looked at as well.
I have an AKAI MPK61, and while some of the global default controls are nice, and do work with Reason's devices (even though Reason calls my unit the MPK49), RE's are BLANK. And if I map sliders to a new RE, I LOSE the global mappings that work with the Reason synths. Very lame, very frustrating. You should be able to map your controller to a rack device, then SAVE the settings GLOBALLY so the next time you make that rack device, it remembers settings specific to that device.

EDIT: It recently came to my attention that not only did Rob Papen create a downloadable midi map template for Predator, but there's also a way to edit Reason's global midi mapping!! Unbelievable.

Reason REMOTE:

http://www.propellerheads.se/substan...article=part33

Are you sure? I dont map my keys, but my bcf2000 and bcr2000 both remember settings
Old 2012-11-14, 07:44

Saved template. I used the MPK mini editor that comes with the unit. I took me a few hours to get the pads right, and AKAI was no help at all. Those clowns weren't even familiar with Reason. I wanted to kill those fools. I figured out myself and realized that the support guy was misleading me. I just would have helped if there already was one that came with Reason.

on Facebook
Old 2012-11-14, 07:49

I think you're right. I don't think it's anyone's responsibility, but if you want your customers to come back and tell their friends about how awesome your product is, it would behoove you to make things as easy as possible.
You and I know that there is someone (if not a few) at Propellerhead walking around cracking jokes, flirting with one of the ladies (or men), or playing solitaire that could get this done in a month.
All it might take is for someone from their company to ask the other companies to do it in order to lead people to buying their product. Capitalism 101.

on Facebook
Old 2012-11-14, 07:53

"You should be able to map your controller to a rack device, then SAVE the settings GLOBALLY so the next time you make that rack device, it remembers settings specific to that device"

My point exactly.

on Facebook