Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-12, 22:58

Reason 6 Dubstep

For a while now, I've been looking for tutorials that help teach producers how to make Dubstep or get an idea of how a Dubstep song is structured but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I usually run into videos of someone showing something they've completed already. I want to know how to actually start off making one so I'll have an idea on how Dubstep works. So if anyone knows any great tutorial sites, books, or videos I can find I'd be happy if you'd give some advice. Thanks!
Old 2012-11-12, 23:45
Banned

You definitely need much reeezzz & wobble bass!
Old 2012-11-13, 00:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U946C9zjJI
Old 2012-11-13, 01:38

lol
Are you familiar with reason at all?
Old 2012-11-13, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolt View Post
lol
Are you familiar with reason at all?
What is that supposed to mean? Not everyone was born with Reason under his armpit, if you look at the date he/she joined here then I'd say no, he's not too familiar with Reason. Please refrain from making insults on this forum, some of us are newbies out here, deal with it in a respectul manner.

Last edited by dpreem; 2012-11-13 at 15:08.
Old 2012-11-13, 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpreem View Post
What is that supposed to mean? Not everyone was born with Reason under his armpit, if you look at the date he/she joined here then I'd say no, he's not too familiar with Reason. Please refrain from making insults on this forum, some of us are newbies out here, deal with it in a respectul manner.
edited in your quote before you edit it too much more

Dhurel, jumping the gun here? wtf (earlier he posted asking how to make samples and I tried to assist)

How can I even direct someone when I don't even know their user level?

What hes asking, takes quite awhile to learn, BUT you're probably being judgmental based on the fact that I laughed at the "reesee and wobble" comment. huh. =) Oh you didn't think of that huh, you thought I was just laughing at the "NEWBIE" as you've just greated him. LOL. And the date means nothing. I waited almost a decade to make a post. How do I know he didnt wait a decade to make an account due to reason 6 forcing you. (brains)

Last edited by rVOLT; 2012-11-13 at 18:37.
Old 2012-11-13, 17:10

Dude I'm in the same boat, haven't found anything! I did find a great book at Barnes and Noble though, check it out. If you find anything online let me know.
Old 2012-11-13, 18:34

The best tutorials online come from Propellerhead themselves. Their Youtube channel is the best. Dont watch tutorials for what you want to learn to do... or you'll be trying to learn what you're doing as you go. Go through the Propellerhead provided videos, and when you're done... you'll have such a strong grasp of the program, you won't need tutorials on "how to make dubstep" because you'll be able to comprehend it enough to figure it out on your own at that point. They are, in my opinion, the best online resource for Reason learning. I've gained so much from them, that I wish I could personally thank them for it.