Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2011-10-14, 19:44
Grumbleweed's Avatar
Grumbleweed Grumbleweed is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrephonic View Post
What's wrong with just rehearse well and nail the performance?
Where's the fun in that?

Add me to the list. I've made a few posts about this, I'd be shocked if this feature isn't added in the near future.
While I'm here, has anyone noticed that you can't bounce 14:2 mixer tracks into stems in a quick and easy manner. I'm surprised that nobody has made a fuss about this.

Grum.
__________________
Soundcloud Soundclick Bandcamp DeadSpace
Reason 7, Sonar X3e Producer, Balance, Chillblast built desktop PC with an i7 3770K (@4.2 Ghz), 8 Gig RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
  #12  
Old 2011-10-17, 21:44
MediaSVI's Avatar
MediaSVI MediaSVI is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrephonic View Post
What's wrong with just rehearse well and nail the performance?
You need to tell that to all the pro's out there that do use it with Pro Tools on all the new stuff you have listen to on the radio. I guess then you don't use Neptune or Transpose either? Sorry I had to.
  #13  
Old 2011-10-18, 07:15
Auditory Auditory is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 454
audio quantizing? Are you serious? www.apple.com/ilife/garageband <---I think that program is more suitable for you.
  #14  
Old 2011-10-18, 07:18
Auditory Auditory is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaSVI View Post
The real thing that bugs the hell out of me is if I need just a little quantizing to tighten up a recording I have to leave Reason and that my friends goes against the whole reason I love Reason.
Can I get an example of when you've needed to quantize audio? I've been doing music for over 10 years and have never come across this problem
  #15  
Old 2011-10-18, 07:19
Auditory Auditory is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 454
I could see that being useful for making dubstep actually now that i think about it
  #16  
Old 2012-11-13, 22:03
ibanez76767 ibanez76767 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditory View Post
audio quantizing? Are you serious? www.apple.com/ilife/garageband <---I think that program is more suitable for you.
You're a fucking idiot. You've clearly never worked with a drummer with 16 recorded drum tracks that need to be snapped to the grid. And before you say, 'How about the drummer plays the part correctly,' let me just tell you you're a jackass. Audio quantizing is one of the most common editing techniques used in mixing music that isn't made on an iPhone.
  #17  
Old 2012-11-13, 22:33
rogerlevy rogerlevy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrephonic View Post
What's wrong with just rehearse well and nail the performance?
This is what I was thinking.
  #18  
Old 2012-12-25, 04:08
RuckusProducer RuckusProducer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Audio Quantizing is a must for Reason 7, yh it can more or less be done by bouncing the chopped clips but thats too much effort I mean if midi can be quantized why not audio...
  #19  
Old 2012-12-25, 06:42
colcifer's Avatar
colcifer colcifer is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez76767 View Post
let me just tell you you're a jackass.
Really?

FWIW, I'm with both sides. It would be a nice luxury but it's far from a necessity.
  #20  
Old 2012-12-26, 08:34
plaamook's Avatar
plaamook plaamook is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,222
Anybody consider its not just a fix but an effect? mangling stuff with flex time in logic is great!

of course you could just find yet another work around. thats the name of the game round these parts.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to record / sample system audio (Mac) jmcnama1 Phead User Forum (read only) 2 2010-10-22 00:59
Routing live audio through Reason from another host beatpoet Phead User Forum (read only) 8 2008-07-01 02:32
What if Reason 3 had an optional add on "Audio In" feature? dominik18s General Forum (read only) 9 2005-01-06 20:22
The way to record audio? jasonscott General Forum (read only) 6 2003-02-20 22:50


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:02.