Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2012-11-18, 19:45
Upright's Avatar
Upright Upright is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,047
Talking I'm so proud of myself :BEFORE AND AFTER MIXDOWN JOB I DID

I had to share this with my fellow PUF friends

The Before portion is EXACTLY the way the 10 track project sounded when I dropped the stems in Reason.

This is a before and after snippet of a mixdown I did of a track recorded live at a local church. I don't normally mix live bands so it was fun for me. I feel like I was able to apply many of the things I've learned hangin out with you guys here on the forums

I know there's room for improvement but check it out...




http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2129018/Befo...%20example.mp3
__________________
“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Upright; 2012-11-18 at 20:50.
  #2  
Old 2012-11-18, 20:47
JpPropellaed's Avatar
JpPropellaed JpPropellaed is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,235
Its seems we both have been Naughty ' lol , I cliccked the link ' to check out ya ' tune mixing ' but got this error 403 ?
__________________
Both Edward Snowden & Bradley Manning should be nominated for NOBLE PEACE PRIZE: Lest we become a 4th reich / Globally >>>>
Loading SoundCloud…
  #3  
Old 2012-11-18, 20:50
Upright's Avatar
Upright Upright is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpPropellaed View Post
Its seems we both have been Naughty ' lol , I cliccked the link ' to check out ya ' tune mixing ' but got this error 403 ?

I noticed both threads got moved....I think it had more to do with Scottym's thread being moved than us doing something wrong. There was a stink raised by Jiggery in Scottym's most recent thread. Mattis moved his thread and probably decided to do some clean up while he was at it.


I'll try to fix the link.


Edited here's the correct link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2129018/Befo...%20example.mp3
__________________
“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…
  #4  
Old 2012-11-18, 20:59
JpPropellaed's Avatar
JpPropellaed JpPropellaed is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upright View Post
I noticed both threads got moved....I think it had more to do with Scottym's thread being moved than us doing something wrong. There was a stink raised by Jiggery in Scottym's most recent thread. Mattis moved his thread and probably decided to do some clean up while he was at it.


I'll try to fix the link.


Edited here's the correct link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2129018/Befo...%20example.mp3
Woh ' sounds real nice, the latter peice of music that is' are you going to upload the whole track , or just tease lol
__________________
Both Edward Snowden & Bradley Manning should be nominated for NOBLE PEACE PRIZE: Lest we become a 4th reich / Globally >>>>
Loading SoundCloud…
  #5  
Old 2012-11-18, 21:03
Upright's Avatar
Upright Upright is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,047
Thanks JP! Well, I can't share the full project, only the snippet.
__________________
“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…
  #6  
Old 2012-11-18, 21:10
JpPropellaed's Avatar
JpPropellaed JpPropellaed is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upright View Post
Thanks JP! Well, I can't share the full project, only the snippet.
Ok UR ' i understand ' did sound real CLEAN tho ' good luck sir ......... Jamie.......
__________________
Both Edward Snowden & Bradley Manning should be nominated for NOBLE PEACE PRIZE: Lest we become a 4th reich / Globally >>>>
Loading SoundCloud…
  #7  
Old 2012-11-18, 22:07
alessandrocavagni's Avatar
alessandrocavagni alessandrocavagni is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 186
Hey , really good job man, impressive change!
If it were possible, the only thing that would needs some refinement IMO are the drums transients: they hit too hard
and goes out of the balance of the mix . But, at the end, it's only matter of taste!

Cheers,
Alessandro Cavagni
  #8  
Old 2012-11-18, 22:20
Upright's Avatar
Upright Upright is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpPropellaed View Post
Ok UR ' i understand ' did sound real CLEAN tho ' good luck sir ......... Jamie.......


Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandrocavagni View Post
Hey , really good job man, impressive change!
If it were possible, the only thing that would needs some refinement IMO are the drums transients: they hit too hard
and goes out of the balance of the mix . But, at the end, it's only matter of taste!

Cheers,
Alessandro Cavagni
Thanks Alessandro....It's funny because they guy that I did the mix for actually asked that the drums be brought up front to reflect a more of a hip hop mix. Later in the song there's a live rapper envolved. THanks for noticing
__________________
“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…
  #9  
Old 2012-11-20, 23:01
Staarchylld's Avatar
Staarchylld Staarchylld is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,397
First chance got to listen as currently my time is being consumed by BO2. This sounds great. I think you did a fantastic job
  #10  
Old 2012-11-21, 02:34
Upright's Avatar
Upright Upright is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staarchylld View Post
First chance got to listen as currently my time is being consumed by BO2. This sounds great. I think you did a fantastic job



Thank you fine sir!
__________________
“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:45.