Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-19, 13:18

Rack Extension synths arp to note lane

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has succesfully recorded arpeggiator notes from rack extensions such as antidote to a note lane in the sequencer? I tried to send the arp gate cv out to an combinator sequencer in / gate in which results in playing the notes. When i hit record however, nothing gets recorded.

Off course the ideal would be right clicking and "send to note lane" as with the native reason apps but maybe there's a workaround?
Old 2012-11-19, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezma View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has succesfully recorded arpeggiator notes from rack extensions such as antidote to a note lane in the sequencer? I tried to send the arp gate cv out to an combinator sequencer in / gate in which results in playing the notes. When i hit record however, nothing gets recorded.

Off course the ideal would be right clicking and "send to note lane" as with the native reason apps but maybe there's a workaround?
Not really no. Sorry. This feature is pretty unique for the RPG-8 but it's not really a feature that belongs in an arpeggiator, strictly speaking. An arpeggiator is depending on note input to function and is different from a traditional step sequencer in that sense.
Old 2012-11-19, 14:17

thor does not have this option also

the arp is mono..
so if you want to put some notes in, to make it poly..
of course, it makes sense to have this feature
because Polyphonic is only possible in the Note Lane (sequencer)..
and not in any of the Arps in Reason.

Last edited by devilfish; 2012-11-19 at 14:20.