Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-07-13, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrrrPeoples View Post
This was no error and thank goodness that they didn't implement 16 pads and come out with an over sized keyboard, or make the pads smaller. If you are comparing this keyboard to the axiom it only has 8 pads, which aren't even that good of pads. I might be biased in a way because I already have a dedicated pad controller. So I use the pads on the Nektar to send ASCII commands while I'm in the studio and trigger samples when I'm at a live show.

Seriously think about the design for a second. If you wanted to add 16 pads you would either have to shrink all the pads down (which people would also complain about) or extend the controller at least another 2 inches backwards. Then you have 2 inches of dead space above all the controls. So what do you do? make the screen bigger? That would be cool. Add another row of knobs? That would be cool too. Maybe even put dedicated solo and mute buttons above all the faders? Sounds like a sick controller right? Yeah it also costs $200 more and if you plan on taking it on the road you now have to buy a 61 key road case.
A simple way to do it would have been to shift the logo to the left of the pads and add a row on the bottom where the logo is right now.
Old 2012-10-22, 12:23

I have just got my P4. It has a steep learning curve. Things might map to Reason "out of the box", but learning where they are within the keyboard takes a little time. I will reserve judgement till I've had another dozen or so hours on it.
Old 2012-11-16, 16:32

F Key and F4 creates an instrument by default
Old 2012-11-16, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrific13 View Post
Hello, wondering if there where any nektar panorama users on here yet. Ive been looking at them alot on youtube and they look nice but heres the question: can you REALLY operate reason without a mouse when you have this? My concern was if you can load devices and patches/sounds by just goin through a menu in the keyboard.. Thanks for all/any replies!!
I have a P4 and yes you can, just not like your used to. To me the p4 is the best thing ever released for reason. I can zone back to my emotions and just focus on creative thinking.
Old 2012-11-16, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
I have a P4 and yes you can, just not like your used to. To me the p4 is the best thing ever released for reason. I can zone back to my emotions and just focus on creative thinking.
Absolutely
Old 2012-11-19, 21:48

p4 is cool except for the build quality
Old 2012-11-24, 04:55

To echo what others are saying - I just got mine and it's the best thing to ever happen to Reason since Reason Reason IMO was always the very best software but I cobbled together a series of controllers to do things - this now does every thing I want and in an amazing logical way and you can almost get rid of the mouse expect for you can't create new instruments or tracks - you still need to create them in the software.
Old 2012-11-24, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedogsd View Post
..rid of the mouse expect for you can't create new instruments or tracks - you still need to create them in the software.
You can create them with the function buttons, read about macros and editing macros for the P4. Its called QWERTY Macros, read about it here. Remember that you need to install the drivers from the Nektartech website in order to use these macros (beware you need to create a login and register your device by serialnumber before you can download any driver or look into the knowledge base(not very handy if you ask me but ok.).

But when you do reason is fully usable from the P4 Only. Hence why it feels like reason is hardware on that device. Amazing.

Last edited by PsyTale; 2012-11-24 at 11:59.
Old 2012-11-24, 12:41

F key & F4 by default creates a new instrument
Old 2012-12-02, 16:29

Where do we download the Panarama User Guide?

I'm trying to get to know my P4 but i cant find the user guide anywhere... Does anybody have a link?