Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Do you want MIDI-Out Reason?
Yes 1,495 92.28%
No 125 7.72%
Voters: 1620. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-20, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
VST's of course need a host. But you could send MIDI from Reason to control the VST's within the host ..... Maybe that's more of a problem for the Props than the wole hardware thing? I cold understand them wanting to keep other software out of the equation, as this may negate RE's for some but not where hardware is concerned. Hardware is not just the other side of the coin as with VST's. It's a whole different monitory system.
Ah OK, thought so. But would it theoritically not be possible for the Props to implement Midi-out in a way that would block certain functionalities (disable VST by default or something).

I don't know the technical ins and outs, but I'm thinking, if they did it in a way that would allow hardware synths for example to be used, but VST's not, then that would be a win-win situation.?

The people who want to use their treasured studio gear in Reason can do so, Propellerhead gets to succesfully keep the RE format running and everyone is happy. Except of course the people who want to use their VST's. But all in all it would be a big step in to the right direction I would think.?